The House Crew’s primary responsibility is to maintain the cleanliness of common areas, employee areas, and the general appearance of the hotel. House Persons also deliver requested guest items to rooms, including toiletries and extra beds. They also specialize in some of the deep cleaning duties including shampooing and spotting carpet and fabric. They maintain the cleanliness of all assigned areas to include the heart-of-house and elevator landings according to standards set by the Hotel. All responsibilities shall be carried out in a timely, accurate, and professional manner, in accordance with YOTEL’s core values.
- Internal: Mission and Ground Control, Sales, Revenue, Housekeeping, Accounting, Maintenance, IT, Owner Representatives and YOTEL Home Office staff.
- External: YOTEL guests/visitors, other hotel personnel and vendors/suppliers.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Clean and maintain the back of the house area, including the employee break room, the changing rooms, the hotel laundry room, the compactor area, and the employee restrooms.
- Clean and maintain the cleanliness and appearance of specified hotel areas to include lobby, hallways, public restrooms, and public areas of the hotel including sidewalks.
- Cleans and maintains supplies, tools, equipment, and instruments, and storage areas to ensure compliance to safety regulations. Report needed repairs of equipment or any maintenance deficiency to maintenance or housekeeping supervisor.
- Deep cleaning of assigned areas of the hotel including the shampooing of rooms and public areas, glass panels, hotel light fixtures, and guest elevators (including elevator tracks).
- Attend to guest requests, inquiries and complaints and refers unresolved issues to supervisor or Manager of Duty in a timely manner.
- Check and replenish required supplies and cleaning tools.
- Respond to Cabin Crew Attendant needs by delivering blankets, pillows, etc.
- Return lost items found in guest rooms, hallways, the heart of the house and front of the house to the Housekeeping department as a “lost and found” item with the date, where it was found, description of the item, and finder’s name.
- Sorts and delivers linen
- Perform work duties in accordance with Company safety and security policies and procedures, as well as local law and regulations.
- Report unsafe conditions and issues presenting business risk immediately.
- Ensure that services are coordinated to provide the best guest experience by maintaining regular contact with Mission Control
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the, Cabin Crew Supervisor, Cabin Crew Manager and the Director of Cabin Crew.
- Recent housekeeping experience in a 4 to 5-star hotel (and the quality and services expectations associated therewith) is preferred.
- Ability to handle sensitive, confidential information discreetly and professionally.
- Ability to work independently with limited support
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong detail orientation; ability to set priorities, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Strong organizational skills
- Proven ability to work effectively in an unstructured, fast-paced and constantly changing environment
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Uphold the highest standards of YOTEL Istanbul New Airport and business culture.
- Maintain a friendly & cohesive work environment with crew, internal departments & guests.
Essential Physical Abilities:
- Endure various physical movements throughout the work areas, such as reaching, bending and stooping.
- Ability to grasp, push or pull heavy loads, and lift and/or carry or otherwise move packages, and boxes weighing up to 75 lbs. on occasion.
- Ability to stand, walk and/or sit and continuously perform essential job functions.
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, kneeling, and walking significant distances on property.
- Ability to lift, bend, stoop, push or pull heavy loads weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Repetitive hand motion (typing) for extended periods of time.
- Good physical resilience.