Mission Control Supervisor is responsible for creating a welcoming first impression and second arrival experience for all guests staying at or coming to the hotel. Additionally, they will assist guests in answering questions about the hotel, local area, attractions and events and provide recommendations and directions. The Mission Control Supervisor reports directly to the Senior Mission Control Manager on duty.
Internal: Mission and Ground Control, Sales, Revenue, Housekeeping, Accounting, Maintenance, IT, Owner Representatives and YOTEL Home Office staff.
External: YOTEL guests/visitors, other hotel personnel and vendors/suppliers.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage the Mission Control desk in all areas of responsibility while maintaining a positive attitude at all times,
- Greet and acknowledge all guests in a warm and friendly manner while remaining calm with demanding guests,
- Execute guest cabin moves as needed and communicate such to Cabin Crew managers,
- Post charges from retail into the OPERA system and obtain payment from the guest,
- Learn the Hotel night audit systems and perform respective duties when scheduled to work the night audit shift,
- Assist guests with luggage requests,
- Solicit and communicate guest feedback for continuous improvement,
- Own customer complaints and issues and empower oneself to seek immediate resolve,
- Ensure timely follow up on matters involving other departments and communicate back to guests,
- Demonstrate self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm at all times,
- Extend professionalism and courtesy to crew members and customers at all times,
- Attend pre-shift meetings and be current on all in-house events and citywide attractions,
- Attend Mission Control quarterly meetings,
- Perform tasks as assigned by the Director of Mission Control and Mission Control Manager,
- Provide and assist guests with general services and information that enhances the YOTEL Istanbul Airport guest experience,
- Maintain current listings of area attractions, activities and transportation timetables,
- Maintain current YOTEL Istanbul Airport’s information including Food and Beverage hours of operation and upcoming events,
- Ensure thorough knowledge of safety and emergency procedures,
- Maintain absolute cleanliness and ordinance of all areas and displays at Mission Control,
- Ensure cash transactions are in full compliance with standard operating procedures and exercise great care in each instance,
- Lead and cover the shift in the absence of Director of Mission Control or/end Mission Control Manager ensuring YOTEL Istanbul Airport standards.
Essential Physical Abilities:
- Endure various physical movements throughout the work areas, such as reaching, bending and stooping,
- Ability to grasp, push or pull heavy loads, and lift and/or carry or otherwise move packages, and boxes weighing up to 75 lbs. on occasion,
- Ability to stand, walk and/or sit and continuously perform essential job functions,
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, kneeling, and walking significant distances on property,
- Ability to lift, bend, stoop, push or pull heavy loads weighing up to 50 lbs,
- Repetitive hand motion (typing) for extended periods of time.
What are YOTEL people like?
- Pro-active with a ‘can do’ positive attitude,
- Likes to be busy, always looking for the next task or goal to achieve,
- Great attention to details in everything that they do,
- Sociable and confident with each other and our guests,
- Friendly, warm and welcoming always,
- Professional in their outlook, taking pride in their appearance, performance and reputation,
- Takes responsibility for their actions and those of the wider team,