QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB DESCRIPTION
Start Your Journey With Us
The Luxury Collection is a glittering ensemble of locally authentic hotels and resorts from around the world. Our hotel teams curate the world’s most enriching and desirable destination experiences. Our mission is to guide our guests, these seasoned travelers on transformative journeys that touch their spirits, enrich their lives and create lasting memories. If you are someone with an appreciation for evocative storytelling and a desire to provide genuine, personalized, and anticipatory service, then we invite you to join us on our journey and explore a career with The Luxury Collection.
Education and Experience
- University diploma from a related field
- 2 years experience in the related professional area preferably in a Marriott Hotel
- System related professional certifications desired
- OPERA, Pos and Micros experience is desired.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical problems or issues related to computer software and systems.
- Provide technical guidance and recommendations to resolve business problems.
- Analyze, recommend, and implement process improvements.
- Enter commands and activate controls on computer and peripheral equipment to integrate and operate equipment.
- Troubleshoot, modify, support, manage, and maintain applications programs and user accounts.
- Maintain records of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial actions taken, or installation activities.
- Train or instruct users in the proper use of hardware or software.
- Manage and coordinate planning, design, operations, maintenance, and resource allocation of telecommunications activities, including client/server support and strategic and tactical planning.
- Consult with and advise others on administrative policies and procedures, technical problems, priorities, and methods related to telecommunications.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees.
- Follow all company policies and procedures; protect company assets.
- Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards; identify, recommend, develop, and implement new ways to increase organizational efficiency, productivity, quality, safety, and/or cost-savings.
- Enter and locate information using computers/Point of Sale (POS) systems.
- Analyze information, identify current and potential problems and propose solutions
- Ensure that computer and network operations are monitored at the property, backup/recovery functions are performed on scheduled basis and administration functions for hardware, operating and application systems are maintained and completed on consistent basis.
- Maintain inventories and manages IT hardware/software.
- Provide Internet support and maintenance
- Use relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards
- Direct maintenance of equipment and installed software applications inventory for property ensuring compliance with licensing regulations
- Ensure problems are correctly reported, routed, tracked and solved, with the system user being informed of situation at all times.