QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB DESCRIPTION
Working as a Project Engineer, you will be the support person for various robot and PLC programming engineering projects in Robotics & Discrete Automation/Consumer Segments and Service Robotics in Tuzla, Istanbul providing technical details, costs and deliverables for sales proposals. Reporting to the Projects Operations Manager, you will make technical recommendations in various phases of customer projects to ensure successful delivery of project deliverables on time, within budget and in line with quality and safety guidelines.
- Responsible for offline and online robot and PLC programming.
- Simulation of designed project’s phases.
- Making the reachability studies of tools and robots in ABB 3D RobotStudio software.
- Preparing documentations for the responsible projects.
- Having and pro-active role in supply chain for the automation products according to ABB standards.
- Following projects from starting to customer delivery by considering quality and functionality.
- Supporting R&D projects and developing new robotic cells.
- Represent ABB during site visits, communicating at all levels to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Assist salespeople during customer visits when necessary.
- University degree in Mechatronic, Electric/Electronics Engineering or Software Engineering.
- Minimum 3 years of hands-on experience in automation/robotics will be an advantage.
- Strong knowledge of industrial robot and PLC operations and servo systems, including electrical and software interfaces.
- Preferably have process knowledge in one or more disciplines such as, material handling, press automation, picking/packing/palletizing, camera applications etc.
- Preferably have a working knowledge of control systems, I/O, PLC and bus communication for building automation control systems.
- Experience in ABB Robots is a definite plus.
- Experience in Siemens S7 Simatic Manager and TIA Portal is a definite plus.
- Basic knowledge of pneumatic systems and pneumatic components is a plus.
- Have a valid Driving License.
- Very good communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- No limitation for travel and willing to travel.
- Advance English skills. Turkish knowledge is a must.