Research and Development (R&...
Research and Development...
Research and Development (R&D)
QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB DESCRIPTION
Airties is the most widely deployed provider of Wi-Fi Mesh solutions to operators around the globe. Airties designs and develops software and hardware that enables seamless wireless integration at the touch of a button, increased wireless speeds, and coverage throughout subscribers’ entire homes. The comprehensive product portfolio includes Wi-Fi mesh extenders, wireless set-top boxes and cloud-based Wi-Fi monitoring and optimization systems.
Team leader will be responsible for a cloud development working on the Airties cloud product hosted in the AWS public cloud. The role requires to coaching the people to improve, make sure they have the right skills and o guide the team members in their career paths and prepare them for the next step. She/he will be managing a SCRUM team of engineers and assist the Head of Cloud SWD in carrying out projects. She/he will be acting as local product owner according to the SCRUM methodology, collects requirements, creates user stories and works together with the team to groom, implement and deliver the stories according to the definition of done. The role involves guard the quality of the deliveries, make test coverage, load testing, documentation, debug and access logging and metrics collection is done.
- Provide general training, coaching to team members to make them productive within company
- Conduct periodical performance reviews of team members, set quarterly objectives for team members and review at the end of the quarter
- Assist management with process and productivity improvement efforts
- Investigate new technologies and competing products and develop new product and solution ideas for company that can be patented, copyrighted, trademarked
- Monitor quality of the delivered work and define non-functional requirements, such as testing requirements, cost impact, performance
- Engage with the product management team to collect requirements of new features, set a clear scope and capture this in Epics and user stories
- Build a delivery plan together with the team for the requested features and provide updates on the progress
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field
- 10+ years of 'solid' software architecture, design, and development experience with good understanding of software analysis and design patterns
- At least 3 years of experience leading a team
- Good understanding of cloud/server hosting infrastructures, associated components (networking, security, load balancing, storage, etc.), and design/implementation considerations for cost, performance, scalability, and high availability
- Strong working knowledge and experience developing software in Java and SQL
- Good understanding of common network, web protocols and standards
- Experience in at least one of the following web application development languages/frameworks are a plus
- Knowledge and experience in the following cloud/enterprise computing technologies/solutions/tools are strongly preferred:
-Major AWS service components (EC2, Autoscaling, ELB, EFS, S3,
Route53,CloudWatch, CloudFormation, etc.)
-RDS (MySQL, PostgreSQL)
-Enterprise Messaging solutions (Kafka, Kinesis, etc.)
-Distributed caching solutions (Redis, Memcached, etc.)
-NoSQL solutions (DynamoDB, etc.)
- Working, hands-on experience and knowledge on Unix/Linux and/or derivatives
- Understanding/writing technical documentation
- Good command of English (written and spoken)
- Proven ability to take initiative and generate results
- Accomplished mentoring skills
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work effectively in a dynamic multi-project’ environment
- Strong communication, negotiation, and conflict management skills
- Strong planning and monitoring skills
Airties has a zero tolerance to discrimination policy. In this regard, during the course of the evaluation of your job application and during all your employment relation, if any, all discriminatory factors such as race, sex, sexual orientation, social gender definitions/roles, colour, national or social background, ethnicity, religion, age, disablement, political opinion or any status that is protected under law shall be totally disregarded.
*By applying to this job opening, you agree, acknowledge and consent to the transfer of your personal data by Airties to outside of Turkey; in particular to its subsidiaries.
*By applying to this job opening, you agree, acknowledge and consent to the transfer of your personal data by Airties to its headquarters established in Turkey.