QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB DESCRIPTION
The fourth largest Seed Company in the world, Limagrain is an international cooperative group created and directed by French farmers. As a creator and producer of plant varieties, Limagrain markets field seeds, vegetable seeds and cereal products.
Vilmorin-Mikado is a Business Unit of Limagrain gathering the activities of Vilmorin (French Seed Company) and Mikado Kyowa Seed (Japanese Seed Company). As a global Seed Company, Vilmorin-
Mikado has strong basis over the 5 continents and offers a wide and original high-quality range to all the professionals of the vegetable chain. Vilmorin-Mikado is specialized in the creation, production and marketing of vegetable and tree seeds and is entirely dedicated to agricultural professionals.
In order to support our continuous international growth, we are recruiting an AREA SALES MANAGER for Middle East countries, to ensure sales and development of Vilmorin and Mikado products in this
1. CONTEXT OF THE ROLE
This job falls within the framework of the company development and commercial strategy defined by
the Unit Director, in accordance with the general policy of the company.
2. GENERAL MISSION
As accountable of the business development of his/her area through our local distributors, he/she is
responsible for both Sales and Development activities. He/she will have to:
• define, propose, animate and supervise new products’ development with the distributors,
• animate, challenge and supervise the commercial launch managed by the local distributors
• ensure and develop sales in his/her area by using the company’s portfolio & brands, including the common definition of launching plan and promotional plan
3. MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
• Accountable for the business development and growth in this area, he/she recommends and deploys the distribution and branding strategy and policy in the area including the choice of the distributors and the exclusivities, in accordance with the Unit strategy.
• He/she leads the partnership with the customers. This includes visiting them frequently and discussing possible tools, policies and information to build the local development and sales strategy, and achieve the mid-term and annual objectives, animating and challenging the sales
• He/she responds for technical and sales topics (Sales agreements, Availability of goods, Local product range definition, Pricing and price lists, Sales forecasts, Customers orders’ supervision in collaboration with the Customer Service, Receivables’ and Collection’s management and customers’ solvency follow-up, Claim management, forecasts regular update, CRM
management for his/her area, etc.)
• He/she animates the local distributors on Market Intelligence management, provides,
analyzes and challenges the information in collaboration with Marketing team: local marketsknowledge, competition benchmark and follow-up, local markets’ data update and follow-up, consumption trends, local product request forms, markets’ evolution and analysis, markets’ perspectives…
• He/she is accountable, with the support of the Legal team, for the compliance with local regulation more particularly the varieties’ registration compliance in each country with the involvement of our local distributors.
• He/she manages the development and the promotion of new varieties in his/her area, by animating and following-up the right process with his/her local teams, the local distributors and the Marketing team: Samples management, supervision of local Trials’ process management, evaluation of local performance, identification of competitive advantages with distributors,
• He/she establishes the Sales forecasts and Mid-Term plans for new varieties (for each
• He/she animates and participates to the Launching plans definition with the local
distributors, including slots’ definition, price positioning, promotion and communication plan, local sales channels…
The role includes a Management mission and Monthly reporting of his/her geographical area’s activities and opportunities.
At least 5 years of experience in a similar position (working with Middle East countries is a plus) with direct reports and project’s management; the candidate must have a Master degree in Agronomy or Agriculture, with good knowledge of the vegetable seed market and technical competencies to answer demands from customers.
The candidate should be business-oriented, with strong networking skills including excellent negotiation and sales talents in a multi-cultural environment.
Languages: Fluent English and Arabic are mandatory.
This role requests frequent travels.