QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB DESCRIPTION
We are looking for a System Administrator for our global organization.
The Systems Administrator , under limited supervision,is responsible for the planning and engineering and support of MTI’s EMEA systems infrastructure, including the implementation and design of hardware and software.
• Designing and enhancing server environments (Software and Hardware) for computer applications required by clients or as needed for internal Information Technology functions.
• Implementing approved server platforms (Software and Hardware) within budget and time constraints.
• Monitoring existing servers, backup jobs and hardware (Servers, SAN/Storage, Tape Libraries) at MTI Data Centers,
• MTI Cloud Providers and at field locations for performance, failures, and tuning.
• Diagnosing server system, backup job and hardware (Servers, SAN/Storage, Tape Libraries) problems, proposing corrective actions, and taking appropriate actions to correct problems and prevent their re-occurrence.
• Investigating and recommending alternative server technologies that deliver improved security, reliability business value, and/or cost profiles.
• Maintaining sufficient understanding of applications to correctly configure, manage, and support the server platforms on which those applications operate.
• Installation, performance management, and administration of messaging, file sharing, backups and security directory applications.
• Collaborating with various groups within and outside of Information Technology as well as customers, external suppliers, and consultants regarding business requirements for server platforms.
• Collaborating with existing suppliers of hosted services regarding the proper operation and management of the hosted services.
• Assisting other Information Technology personnel as required, and performing other tasks as may be assigned from time to time.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
• Minimum of ten years of related System Administration experience. Preferably in multinational organization.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Server products (such as Windows Server, Sharepoint, SQL Server, IIS, DFS etc.) and administrative applications required.
• Experience with Enterprise-level VMWare, Veeam (or similar backup package) and SAN solutions required.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills related to networking and connectivity.
• General working knowledge of applications such as: Oracle RDMS, Linux, Microsoft Office, Office 365 as well as Cisco IOS, Firewalls, and IP phone systems a plus.
• Understands the role of computer networking and Information Technology in a manufacturing organization.
• Must have the ability to express complex technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience.
• Based in Istanbul Asia side.