QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB DESCRIPTION
International Group – Istanbul, Turkey
B.L. Harbert International is looking for a Quantity Surveyor to work with the International Groupin our Istanbul, Turkey office. Candidates must have excellent verbal and written communication skills in both Turkish and English. The Quantity Surveyor will perform quantity takeoffs, prepare pricing requisitions, evaluate vendor/subcontract cost proposals, and maintain the vendor portfolio. The Quantity Surveyor must have a wide array of detailed experience with civil and architectural construction. The Quantity Surveyor will assist in performing analysis of past performance on projects and helps establish standards for future estimates based on such analysis.
· Perform quantity takeoff on all aspects of civil and architectural construction.
· Solicit subcontractor and/or supplier information & pricing
· Prepare instructions to bidders, bid form, pricing requisitions, and other bid solicitation information as required
· Prepare conceptual quantity surveys based on minimal information
· Ensure the flow of project information is maintained and documented
· Review and/or manage the review and scoping of specialty contractor bids
· Maintain and communicate data on construction and material cost trends affecting project costs
· Analyze alternate means and methods to determine the most economic alternatives
· Build effective relationships with customers, design team, specialty contractors, suppliers, and user groups that reflect and support company core values and meets or exceeds the customer's expectations.
· Actively participate in industry, client and community relations.
· Perform other related duties as needed
· Turkish Citizen or Lawful Registered Resident
· Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Quantity Surveyor
· Proficiency in common industry estimating software such as OnScreen Takeoff, InSite Sitework Takeoff, BlueBeam, or their equivalent as well as Microsoft Excel
· Proficiency in quantity surveying of concrete, earthwork, drywall, and virtually all other civil and architectural aspects of construction
· Strong attention to detail with ability to recognize discrepancies, inconsistencies, and irregularities
· Jobsite experience is preferred
· AutoCad experience is preferred
To perform the duties of this job, the employee
· Must be able to work in an office environment
· Must have flexibility with hours in order to better accommodate business needs
· Must be willing to travel throughout Turkey and Internationally for business needs