QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB DESCRIPTION
Established in 1977 as a subsidiary of KIPCO Group (Kuwait Projects Company), Burgan Bank Group is one of the banks with the largest network of branches in MENAT (Middle East & North Africa, Turkey). With a particular focus on corporate clients, financial organizations and private banking, the Bank stands out as a rapidly growing brand in the fields of retail and private banking.
At Burgan Bank Turkey, we have been expeditiously keeping up with the dynamism of today’s constantly changing and advancing world, turning innovations into opportunities since 2013. We have a team of people who establishes sincere and sustainable relations based on trust and using their experience and expertise to add to the skills of each other, and this very team always works in harmony in line with our corporate values “being us, dynamism and winning”.
Employee satisfaction comes first for us in achieving our targets as this is what is needed to strengthen the efforts and performance of the team. We give all our newly hired employees the message “Burgan stands by you” to make them feel themselves part of our family from day one. Moreover, we at all times support our employees in their career, development, future and life journey by providing them with all kinds of training sessions, seminars and beneficial practices.
We are looking for an Attorney at Law /Senior Attorney at Law to be employed in Consultancy and Corporate Governance unit.
· University degree from law faculties,
· Istanbul Bar Association membership,
· Min. 3 years of experience in banking sector (experience on retail banking is an asset),
· Fluency in English,
· Analytical thinking,
· Ability to adapt,
· Excellent communication skills and good team player,
· Male candidates should have completed their military service.
· Member of “Legal Consultancy and Corporate Governance” unit,
· Reporting to Head of Consultancy and Corporate Governance,
· Preparing legal opinions to clarify legal issues,
· Advising the business units on banking products and services,
· Reviewing and negotiating agreements,
· Participating to the meetings on major business projects,
· Reviewing and giving legal acceptance for procedures before entering into force,
· Close follow up on banking legislation,
· Answering daily legal queries raised by branches,
· Supporting business units on legal issues.