QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB DESCRIPTION
Valeura Energy Inc
TBNG HSE Coordinator
Valeura Energy Inc is a Canadian public company with natural gas production and exploration operations in the Thrace Basin of NW Turkey. Valeura, through it’s subsidiary Thrace Basin Natural Gas, produces approximately 8 MMCFD of gas from 80+ shallow gas wells and sells directly to 55+ industrial customers. The field office in Tekirdag employs approximately 70 people comprised of operations staff, engineering, geoscience and HSE.
Valeura is also actively pursuing non-conventional deep gas exploration in the basin. Three successful wells have been drilled to date.
Valeura is searching for an HSE Coordinator, to be located in its office in Tekirdag, Turkey and reporting to the company’s Operations Manager. The successful candidate will have the following qualifications;
• Class A certification (or Class B with an ability to obtain Class A within 2 years)
• 5+ years of HSE experience and some knowledge of upstream oil and gas operations
• Strong understanding of HSE Management Systems and a proven record of delivering good HSE performance.
• Fluent in written and spoken Turkish and English.
• Strong communication skills, equally comfortable with both top management, colleagues and government officials,
• Strong team work skills and experience working with diverse teams,
• Knowledge of international HSE standards, codes and industry practices and implementations in Turkey
• BA/MS university degree in engineering
• Having a driving licence (B Class)
• Knowledge of MS Office programs and good command of presentation skills
• No obligation for military service for male candidates
The HSE Coordinator will be responsible to;
• Ensure all operations are compliant with Turkish HSE regulations (risk assessments, training) and the company’s HSE management systems to minimize risk to the company, it’s employees and contractors and the environment
• Promote HSSEC culture, leadership and training to develop a consistent HSSEC culture in the workplace.
• Collaborate with TBNG technical staff (engineering, geoscience, well servicing) to achieve corporate goals
• Represent TBNG in the community and to local stakeholders
• Provide independent advice and guidance to all projects teams to ensure compliance with HSSEC policies and achievement of HSSEC goals and targets
• Responsible to HESSC reporting requirements internally and externally
• Lead accident investigation teams
• Foresee Environmental and Community related problems and keep records of indicators/field data
• Keeps abreast of relevant legislation & regulations, corporate requirements, standards, and makes sure relevant information is translated in policies, procedures, rules & instructions