QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB DESCRIPTION
Valeura Energy Inc
TBNG Field Manager
Valeura Energy Inc is a Canadian public company with natural gas production and exploration operations in the Thrace Basin of NW Turkey. Valeura, through it’s subsidiary Thrace Basin Natural Gas, produces approximately 8 MMCFD of gas from 80+ shallow gas wells and sells directly to 55+ industrial customers. The field office in Tekirdag employs approximately 70 people comprised of operations staff, engineering, geoscience and HSE.
Valeura is also actively pursuing non-conventional deep gas exploration in the basin. Three successful wells have been drilled to date.
Valeura is searching for a Field Manager, to be located in its office in Tekirdag, Turkey and reporting to the company’s Operations Manager. This is a senior supervisory position directing the efforts of 40+ operations, maintenance, construction and warehouse staff. The successful candidate will have the following qualifications;
• 15+ years of oil and gas experience including at least 5 years directly supervising production operations
• Having a university (BA/MS) degree in engineering from a recognized University
• Strong understanding of HSE Management Systems and a proven record of delivering good HSE performance
• Fluent in written and spoken both English and Turkish
• Having a valid national driving licence (B Class)
• Using MS Office programs effectively
• Citizenship of Republic of Turkey is an asset.
The Field Manager will be responsible to;
• Provide strong leadership to motivate and drive performance of the TBNG field organization
• Ensure all operations are compliant with the company’s HSE management systems to minimize risk to the company, it’s employees and contractors and the environment
• Meet annual production and expense budgets
• Ensure rotating and stationary equipment are properly maintained
• Ensure the integrity of the GGS and distribution network is maintained
• Collaborate with TBNG technical staff (engineering, geoscience, well servicing) to achieve corporate goals
• Ensure all field operations are managed according to company and sector standards, solve problems and report
• Ensure operations are compliant with Turkish regulations
• Organize the working plan of field staff in accordance with related regulations
• Represent TBNG in the community and to local stakeholders