QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB DESCRIPTION
- Develops sales goals and strategies and verifies alignment with the brand business strategy.
- Ensure best client service is being made available through communication amongst the team.
- Partners with Human Resources to attract, develop and retain the right people in order to support the strategic priorities of the market.
- Provides day to day leadership to sales associates to achieve property sales objectives with overall responsibility for achieving booking goals and property revenues.
- Ensure hotel meets or exceeds budgeted goals.
- Creating a focus on attracting new business.
- Attending and contributing to the monthly sales strategy meeting.
- Participates in sales calls with members of sales team to acquire new business and/or close on business.
- Oversee and ensure the updation of rates, promotions on hotel website, Online travel agents.
- Responsible for the training of sales team.
- Excellent level of written and verbal communication in English.
- At least 8 years experience in the tourism sales and marketing or related professional area.
- Minimum of 5 years of supervisory / managerial experience.
- High degree of commercial awareness and be able to understand links between sales and profit with excellent sales and negotiation skills.
- Good business sense and the ability to motivate and lead a team.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills, attention to detail, and problem-solving skills.
- Must be flexible in working hours, including weekends, evenings and holidays.