QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB DESCRIPTION
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transactions and advisory services.
The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
Our 236,000 people, in more than 150 countries, are united by our shared values, which inspire our people worldwide and guide them to do the right thing, and our commitment to quality, which is embedded in who we are and everything we do. Our offices around the world use the same methodology and are linked through an integrated technology platform to enable instantaneous communication and collaboration among team members, regardless of location. As a member of Ernst & Young Global, in Turkey we operate in 4 offices located in Istanbul, Ankara, Bursa and Izmir, with more than 1600 people for 30 years.
Law Senior advises clients on a broad range of legal planning and advisory matters based on both deep in-country technical knowledge and law engagements. By accurately analyzing information and applying legal knowledge to client situations, Senior prepares effective approaches, legal opinions and lawsuit petitions in accordance with client’s circumstances.
Law Senior makes a technical contribution to client engagements and internal projects. In the same way, participating in researching legal issues, preparing written communications, helping clients with responses to law authorities and improving their law function are other significant mission statements that Senior should be responsible. Law Senior shall also review and look after the client files and ensure that all relevant communication/QRM reviews and approvals are present in the files.
We are seeking for a Lawyer to join our EY Law Department in Istanbul with the following qualifications;
· University degree in law from a reputable Turkish University
· Strong knowledge and experience especially in Data Protection Law, Digital Law and Technology Law, Turkish Commercial Code and Code of Obligations,
· Minimum 1-3 years of full-time experience at a company as an inhouse lawyer or as a law firm lawyer dedicated for companies for corporate and compliance matters, minimum 2 years experience in data privacy law is prefered
· A passion for technology, data protection and working collaboratively with clients
· Fluency and high command in verbal and written Turkish and English
· Able to communicate in multi-cultural business environment.
· Male candidates should have completed their military service
· Good command in MS Office
· Strong communication and inter-personal skills
· Lateral thinking/problem solving
· Ability to multi-tasking and teamwork
· Advise the clients on data protection and IT Law
· Engage in data protection projects; draft legal documentation (privacy notices, policies, agreements, etc.) negotiate, and advise on data protection agreements, terms of service, and other contracts and communications, participate meetings
· Participate in data privacy audit engagements, prepare data protection impact assessment reports
· Work effectively as a team member, sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication, and updating team members on progress
· Assist in preparing reports and schedules that will be delivered to clients and other parties
· Develop and maintain productive working relationships with client personnel
· Contribute to performance review and provide feedback for staff
· Contribute to people initiatives, including recruiting and retaining Law professionals
· Participate in relevant educational programs to develop soft and technical skills
· Understand and follow workplace policies and procedures
· Build strong internal relationships within Law and with other services across the organization.