QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB DESCRIPTION
WHO ARE WE?
GELECEK VARLIK which has been the leader of the sector since its inception, is a subsidiary of FIBA HOLDING*.
As Turkey's first asset management firm, GELECEK VARLIK has been traded on the Borsa Istanbul Stock Market since its IPO in October 2021. It has a strong market position in the financial markets by contributing to the economy and the employment, and with its constantly growing and developing structure.
If you would like to be part of this big family (which have nearly 600 employees) by joining our Information Technologies team which is planned to grow by 50% until the end of the year in line with the technology vision, we are looking forward to your application
WHY GELECEK VARLIK INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY TEAM?
- Having the highest satisfaction every year, according to the results of the Employee Satisfaction and Engagement survey,
- Its turnover rate is quite below Turkey IT turnover rate,
- The work-life balance, rare working overtime,
- Highly qualified, humble, accessible management staff,
- Collaborative, helpful, fun-loving, dynamic colleagues,
- Corporate culture that gives importance to rise together,
- Systematically operating the feedback mechanism and valuing the opinions of team members from all levels.
SO, WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- Chance to use new technologies,
- Working in projects that have no precedent in the sector,
- Benefiting from technical trainings that consider the needs and wishes of the employee and keep them up to date,
- Master's opportunities at Özyeğin University,
- Flexible compensation package
- Family inclusive Private Health Insurance
- Employer Group Pension Insurance
- Perform database administration and mitigate potential vulnerabilities on database servers.
- Manage all database instances including installation, configuration, backup and maintenance.
- Maintain the overall database integrity and quality via data auditing, system checks, security and code value management.
- Perform scheme changes according to needs of product development teams.
- Perform all database maintenance and tuning activities to ensure continued availability and performance.
- Implement best practices that will continuously improve service quality.
- Diagnose and resolve database performance and access issues.
- Provide high quality support for developers
- Min 2 years of hands-on experience,
- Installing, configuring, and administering RDBMS databases (MSSQL),
- Strong knowledge of databases fundamentals, database architecture and infrastructure,
- Knowledge in high availability strategies like replication, sharding and failover,
- Knowledge in adjusting queries to enhance performance,
- Knowledge in Windows service management,
- Experience developing data management operations,
- Experience troubleshooting database related problems,
- Good verbal and written English skills (Reading & Understanding)
- Fluent in technical English (Reading, comprehension) to understand and interpret the documentation