QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB DESCRIPTION
Would you like to work in an international, innovative organization, where we produce high-quality solutions and are constantly looking to enhance existing and develop new offerings? Then Grundfos might be the place for you!
We have an exciting new opportunity for a Design Engineer with a mechanical background having experience working in a manufacturing set-up.
Grundfos offers the right candidate excellent career opportunities and challenges. Are you the candidate we are looking for?
Role & Responsibilities:
• Provide non-standard product solutions as and when required.
• Support the sales teams with product and application information like technical clarifications of specs and producing drawings for boosters, package pumping sets.
• Read and understand specifications and offer standard alternative solutions to the customer request where beneficial.
• Cooperation with product management for sales support related activities.
• Provide technical assistance for the production department.
• Assist the colleagues in compiling data, specifications and other documentation for important projects.
• Ensure the quality standards of local boosters by technical evaluation of suitable local suppliers of fabricated components to ensure Grundfos standards are maintained.
• Creating accurate CAD drawings from hand sketches, verbal instructions, and supplier visits. (Generated 2D and 3D models and drawings)
• Thinking creatively and critically to support the project team in the design process, to create sketches and drawings that work.
• Creating and continually updating project drawings lists. (Track and monitor engineering and design change).
• Printing various formats of drawing sets for project managers and site superintendents.
• Create, edit, and update standard details for use in projects.
Required Skills & Competencies
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English
• Minimum 2 years experience in an Auto CAD & CATIA Operator role.
• Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and SAP would be a plus.
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
• The highly adaptable individual that reacts positively to change in a fast-paced environment
• Must have good interpersonal skills for daily interaction with customers, fellow employees, and outsourced Service Providers, with a proactive, friendly and problem-solving approach.
• Analytical skills with the ability to troubleshoot and diagnose systemic problems.
• No military service obligation for male candidates.
• Outstanding fluency and skill within the AutoCAD program.