QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB DESCRIPTION
PROJECT ENGINEER / ARCHITECT
Gurkan Building Elements is a corporate that provides high-quality service at design, production and installation of interior and exterior building elements such as windows and doors, façade cladding, skylights, balustrades etc. The headquarter is in Istanbul, a branch is in Rize and a subsidiary company in Dubai, UAE.
We mainly undertake projects overseas, thus export incomes constitute most of our revenue. We are also the designer of Aluarc Aluminium Systems - our registered brand, and we are exporting to more than 20 countries, establishing manufacturing dealerships around the world.
We are a growing company that aims to expand internationally with joining of passionate and talented players to our team.
About the role:
The Project Engineer/Architect will be technically supporting and managing all the project phases including analyzing, quotation, design, signing the contracts and execution of the projects.
Success in this role is accomplished by a strong technical design background in the same field and experience especially in aluminum sector; excellent level of English communication, advanced analytical skills and interpersonal relations.
It is an exciting opportunity for individuals who aim to develop professionally and internationally together with our company.
- Taking the main responsibility in project specifications and compliance documents
- Analyzing the projects technically and budget wise and bidding on the projects
- Making and suggesting designs and calculations for the aluminium/steel structures according the project specification
- Create drawings, blueprints, specifications and all needed construction documents
- Monitor compliance to applicable codes, practices, QA/QC policies, performance standards and specifications and support the international teams
- Visiting and interacting with the international clients/consultants to interpret their requirements and technically present the company to sign new contracts
- Lead and liaise with other designers and production engineers to develop designs and ensure the success of the project and initiate the appropriate corrective actions when necessary.
- BS degree in Civil Engineering or Architecture
- Proven working experience in a similar role in aluminium, UPVC or steel industry
- Excellent knowledge of design and visualisations software such as AutoCAD
- Advanced MS Office skills
- Familiarity with rules, regulations, best practices and performance standards of international construction projects
- Advanced time management and project management skills
- Excellent analytical skills and successful at managing the details
- Excellent interpersonal skills to represent the company to the international consultants and clients for a successful bidding phase
- Willing to maintain effective communication and cooperation with the clients/consultants and in-house teammates to ensure the successful handover of the projects