QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB DESCRIPTION
This job advertisement was published in order to create a candidate pool for the positions of a project we are in the tender process. After the project becomes active, all applicants will be contacted.
The Social Worker shall conduct household visits and identify the risk groups in line with the established criteria and refer people in need/at risk to the specialized services. In addition, the Social Worker is responsible for collecting relevant data and entering it into the system.
· A University Degree in international development, human rights, psychology, sociology, social work,international law or other social science field is required.
· Fluency in Turkish is required
· Written and spoken Arabic and/or English is an asset
· Good command of MS Office tools
· Experience in working with vulnerable groups (women, men, children, persons with disabilities, the elderly,etc.) is preferred
· Experience in working with asylum-seekers and refugees is preferred
· Ability to undertake in-person interviews, group work, and community work
· Must possess good communication skills and an aptitude for team work
· Conduct household visits/assessment within the area of responsibility, pay periodic and regular household visits to the foreigners under temporary protection residing within the area of responsibility,
· Build trust with foreigners under temporary protection who have been visited, understand their needs and provide necessary guidance and referral to the needed services or support, offer direct assistance or mediation to facilitate their access to the support in question, where necessary,
· Refer individuals and families in need to the Ministry’s services or other public services, to the relevant organizations and agencies, local governments and NGOs to help them solve their problems,
· Tabulate into the database the data acquired via household visits, reports or applications lodged to the relevant units, by categorizing the information according to the their grounds,
· Collect disaggregated data through the househol visit forms, on the needs according to the age, gender and region, assess physical, psychological and social needs as well as available resources,
· Support project activities in the Social Service Centres where they work
- All applications will be undertaken confidentially and only those who are under consideration will be replied back.
- HRM Consulting, is a registered Private Employment Agency, approved by İskur, Registration Number: 2018/12