An Agile team is a cross-functional group of people that have everything, and everyone, necessary to produce a working, tested increment of product.
The role of a Scrum Master is to facilitate the agile development teams by pushing agile principles such as self-organization, self-reflection and incremental delivery of our products.
The role will also focus on cross team collaboration, innovation, and introducing techniques that promote adaptability and flexibility in the face of unpredictable circumstances.
What you will do...
- Manage the scrum/kanban process with the coordination of the agile team in chosen Agile methodology
- Be responsible for removing any impediments for the scrum team.
- Schedule and arrange daily stand-us, ad-hoc meetings, demo sessions and assist in tailoring decision-making processes to ensure quick inspection and proper use of adaptation process.
- Assist the product owners to ensure that the product backlogs are in good shape and are clear enough for the development team to work on.
- Be responsible for conducting team retrospective meetings.
- Organize and facilitate the planning meetings.
- Act as a safeguard for the development teams.
- Facilitate the product team to ensure that the roadmap and team priorities are value-driven and aligned with the business directions and priorities
- Ensure that development best practices are respected (adopt, advertise, document and train)
To enable you to be successful, we are looking for…
- Degree in Information Technology or related discipline.
- One or more years of relevant work experience to include business and/or project management, business/system requirements.
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies and tools
- Flexible, resilient, and able to change focus on demand.
- Ability to problem solve creatively – out of the box thinking
- Experience facilitating seamless collaboration and maximizing team performance across multiple technical teams to ensure rapid delivery of products and timeline achievement of goals
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Experience on workflow management tools such as JIRA/ScrumWorks/VersionOne
- Plans and organizes projects and tasks for himself and the organization
- Investigates possible roadblocks and develops contingencies to redirect tasks so momentum is not lost
- Conflict management
- Steps up to conflicts; seeing them as opportunities
- Is unbiased and trustworthy in situations that involve personal conflicts of interest
- Hammers out tough agreements and settles disputes equitably
- Business Knowledge
- Understands how all units functionally affect each other
- Systematically evaluate information by using a variety of proven methods and techniques
- Encourage alternative approaches and new ideas
- Clarify complex data or situations so that others can comprehend, respond, and contribute
- Time Management
- Places a high value on his or her time and plans tasks accordingly
- Makes quality time for the most important priorities
- Adeptly handles several tasks at once
- Looks ahead and doesn’t get stuck in the here and now, while attending to a broad range of activities
- Managing through processes and systems
- Oversees and directs moderately complex operations efficiently
- Employs the practices, processes, and procedures necessary to get things done
- Can organize people and activities for simple and complex processes
- Knows what and how to measure