QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB DESCRIPTION
To be considered for this job, applicants must meet the below listed basic requirements:
• Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering is required
• Tendering (proposal preparation, basic design), sales, international business development skills are required
• Willingness to work in team environment is a must
• Ability to work effectively with personnel from other departments of ILTEKNO is required
• MS Office programs skills (MS Excel, MS Project, MS Power Point etc.) is a must
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and Turkish is required. A second international language is also preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of this job is required
• 2-3 years of power plants related engineering experience is a plus
• An emphasis on Power Plants’ Systems is a plus
• AutoCAD skills can be a plus
Years of Experience:
0 to 4 years of experience
Completed or Exempt is a plus.
Level of Education:
Bachelor’s(Graduate), Master’s(Student), Master’s(Graduate)
Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, or any other Engineering Faculty
Further about the Candidate:
If you have or want to have experience on power plants and would like to work for a company based in İstanbul/Esentepe, who is focusing on international markets, (already active in 4 continents/ 10 countries so far) we are looking for engineers to join our team who are going to work on basic design, proposal preparation, initial market studies. A Business Development Engineer (BDE) in our team is responsible to prepare budgetary offers, which requires reaching out to emerging markets and preparing both the basic concept of solution and the ways to implement that. BDE will be in close coordination with vendors and business partners, as well as the end-user. As the subject task gets more detailed, BDE will get support from tendering, engineering and after sales departments. Within the BD team, BDE will also join project sales meeting which do include international consultants, developers, investors and end-users. Cooperation, oversight, ability to work against a close deadline are essential for a successful BDE.
The Business Development Engineer (BDE) will work on power plant projects during tendering, development and sales phases by providing technical assistance to the Business Development team. Engineer will then be involved in contract negotiations. During these studies, candidate will be in contact with project department and after sales department of the company, in addition work with the sub-contractors and vendors. Candidate should also be able to face and communicate effectively with customers, through sales and field investigations. International travels will be required as the engineers' qualifications are improved.
Further about the Tasks
A BDE has two main tasks, which do consist of sales-marketing activities and tendering activities;
• Working on the target market(s) and getting in touch with existing end-users and new ones
• Developing and increasing end-user intelligence
• Establishing correspondence with them and organizing/attending meetings when/if necessary
• Basic design of a power plant, including basic equipment selections and their layout
• Correspondence with vendors and implementation of inputs from them
• Cost calculations
• Basic time schedule preparation/modification
• Basic technical file preparation/modification
• Basic Layout preparation/modification
• Participating in contract negotiations and discussing with stakeholders based on a.m. preparation
About ILTEKNO A.Ş.
Founded in 1989, the core business of ILTEKNO is to provide turnkey solutions to power generation investors with its esteemed partners; MAN Diesel&Turbo and MWM GmbH (formerly known as Deutz Power Systems). ILTEKNO is an EPC company installing power plants using most types of fuels as well as renewables. We are active in Turkey, neighboring countries, North and Sub-Saharan Africa and Central America. ILTEKNO can provide full time operation and maintenance services for power plants. Moreover, we can provide 24/7 or semi-turnkey O&M, including remote monitoring. ILTEKNO is involved in more than 200 power plant projects with a total capacity of 1,800 MW, located in 4 continents/10 countries (Most of these projects are realized in EPC format). Our capacity starts from 400 kW per unit and goes up to 18.9 MW per unit. Iltekno can build power plants up to 300 MW scale using the below fuel sources:
• Heavy Fuel Oil, Diesel, Crude oil
• Natural gas
• Bio-gas, sewage gas, landfill gas, non-natural gases (e.g., Syngas, coal bed m. , coke oven , flare gas)
• Renewable / Fossil hybrid power generation (with PV, Wind Turbines, etc.)