QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB DESCRIPTION
Due to COVID-19, you may experience some delay in the progress of this recruitment campaign and we are working hard to minimise any disruption.
The British Consulate General in Istanbul is part of a world-wide network representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking to recruit a Corporate Services Assistant to act as the front face of the British Consulate General, meeting and greeting all staff and visitors both in person and on the telephone.
- Main responsibilities will include:
- Operate the Consulate General’s switchboard and transfer incoming calls to relevant sections;
- General Receptionist Duties – meet and greet visitors to the Consulate General, inform relevant sections of their arrival promptly; Sort official incoming and outgoing mail, handle courier requests;
- Manage, order and monitor stationary for all departments;
- Maintain First Aid boxes for all departments;
- Receive goods and services on P2P system database, forward invoices to relevant departments, assist setting up Purchase Orders;
- Process invoices according to FCO guidelines;
- Managing stationery stock, machinery and mobile phone inventories;
- Assist the Corporate Services Officer in ad-hoc duties;
- Act as the back-up accountant;
- Other ad hoc administrative duties as required by the Corporate Services Manager
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
- Fluency in English and Turkish (both oral and written);
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills;
- Efficiency in Microsoft Office applications;
- Good clerical and letter drafting skills both in Turkish and English;
- Ability to work under pressure and complete tasks to an agreed standard;
- Attentive to setting performance objectives and meeting deadlines;
- Ability to work as part of a team, and be a self-starter who will work with little supervision;
- Excellent timekeeping habits.
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience
- Translation skills (English to Turkish and Turkish to English) will be an advantage;
- Previous office administration experience in an international environment.
Collaborating and Partnering, Delivering Value for Money, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace
- Application deadline 26 August 2020
- Grade A1 (L)
- Type of Position Full-time, Permanent
- Location (City) Istanbul
- Starting monthly salary (USD) 1,095.59 gross
- Start Date 1 October 2020
Other benefits and conditions of employment
This is a permanent full-time position for 5 working days (36.25 hours net).
The monthly salary for this position is 1,095.59 USD gross A1 level. Please note that staff members are responsible for paying any income tax required by local law.
All applicants should have the right to live and work in Turkey. The British Consulate does not sponsor for work permits.
The successful candidate will be subject to professional background check, security clearance and a probation period of 2 months.
Staff recruited locally by the British Consulate General in Istanbul are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Turkish employment law.
British Diplomatic Missions are equal opportunities employers, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference. We are committed to developing a learning organisation that enhances business performance, maximises our staff’s potential and encourages staff innovation and development.
The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.