QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB DESCRIPTION
What is Sales Academy?
Are you a conversation starter, network builder and noise maker? Insider Sales Academy is a new program designed for young professionals with at least 3 years of sales experience. We offer an exceptional opportunity for those who want to take their sales career to the next level in a fast-paced startup environment with our global sales team. We are looking for dedicated, passionate and hardworking candidates who'd be willing to relocate in one of our 20 offices from London to Tokyo, Sydney to New York, after completing a year-long training at our Istanbul office. If you want to take your sales career to the next level and make your mark on the digital transformation of the world's leading brands, apply now.
First things first: What is this role about?
You’re probably expecting an eye-catching, mesmerizing job description that will sweep you off your feet, flavoured with the coolest startup jargons. After all, we’re a Sequoia-backed company, with an awarded woman CEO and a team across the globe that takes the word “diversity” very seriously. But that’s exactly why we think that nothing says more than the real experience. We’re underdogs who believe in the power of actions more than anything. As a member of our sales team, you will leverage your sales skills in a fast-moving, dynamic, and global environment, helping our clients gain momentum in their digital transformation.
If you never take “No” as an answer, if you are a winner and have the drive to keep up with our rapid growth and ever-increasing pace, join our sales team. Being a part of our sales team requires a great set of skills, such as relationship building, consulting, strategic thinking, and creating a robust sales pipeline. So we asked our sales team to tell us what their day-to-day is really like and, in a nutshell, this is what they told us.
What you will do day in and day out
- Handling overall responsibility for managing the sales, achieving growth and hitting/exceeding annual sales targets
- Identifying emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status
- Developing and implementing new sales initiatives, strategies, and programs to capture key demographics
- Effectively communicating the value proposition through proposals and presentations
- Providing on-the-ground support for sales associates as they generate leads
- Giving feedback to the team on market trends, unmet needs, and opportunities to deliver greater value to customers by extending company offerings
- Presenting sales, revenue and expense reports and realistic forecasts to the management team
- Accurate forecasting and maintaining an up to date pipeline at all times.
What do we expect from you?
- You have minimum 3-4 years of sales management experience. Experience in Digital Marketing is a plus!
- You have a university degree in Business, Marketing, or related fields. Previous experience with travel, e-commerce, and retail industries is a big plus!
- You’ll show us that “you’ve got what it takes” to collaborate and build strong relationships with customers, especially at the executive level
- You have proven interpersonal communication skills, with a positive and energetic attitude. You are a careful listener, close observer, and master communicator.
- You are a self-motivated and savvy tech bug, always in search of savvy solutions and ideas to improve our relationship with our clients
- You’ll cherish one of our core ethos: care. You’ll need to care for our clients and make sure they feel at home with our products
- You have superior project and time management skills. And a keen eye for detail!
- You’re passionate about testing, measuring and improving outreach and following up the effectiveness
- You’re able to work in a fast-paced startup environment with tight deadlines
What is it like to work at Insider?
- Are you a true seeker of personal development?
- Are you ready to go the extra mile to create an impact?
- Do you want to be challenged with engaging work every day, pushing your boundaries?
- Do you want to be a part of a richly diverse and multicultural team?
If all of your answers are yes, then you are in the right place.
We work together as a family to build this company. Everyone is expected to act like an owner and grow fast. We are a small and fast growing team from across the world and keep flat hierarchies for maximum impact. We are energized by broadening our scope of responsibility & horizon, are curious, and love stepping outside of our comfort zone. We know that hard work beats talent - an Insider combines both. We help each other, teach each other, and learn from each other. We believe that world-class performance is a byproduct of an empowered, well-trained, and happy team. We think positive and have a solution-oriented mindset, a problem is an opportunity to be explored.
Did someone say perks? Yup
- Plenty of opportunities to create your own playground and grow such as on-going educational sessions and training (including Sales University, Entrepreneurship School, School of Retention, School of Design, Digital Marketing, Google Analytics classes, culture presentations, coding classes, tech talks and much more)
- Free access to premium services like Udemy, Blinkist, Masterclass, and Spotify
- 4 Meals a day & snacks in between, you even get your 3 pm healthy snack delivered to your desk every day
- No-dress code
- Lots - and we mean lots - of coffee machines
- Yoga classes
- Great energy, caring team
- Most importantly, if you show exemplary performance and if you live by the Insider culture and core values, you will have the opportunity to be a Shareholder of Insider after working here for one year
Insider is a technology company with offices in London, Singapore, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Seoul, Sydney, Helsinki, Barcelona, Dubai, Moscow, Warsaw, Taipei, Jakarta, Istanbul, Kiev, Ho Chi Minh City, Bangkok, Ankara and Kuala Lumpur. Insider was listed as one of Europe’s 100 Hottest Startups by WIRED Magazine and won Red Herring Top 100 Europe in 2017. CrunchBase has recently ranked Insider’s co-founder and CEO Hande Cilingir as one of the top three women CEOs outside of the US.
Some of the most prestigious Fortune 500 companies and top brands in retail, automotive and travel across the globe use Insider to deliver AI-backed personalized experiences. Helping world’s leading brands grow beyond the speed of customer expectations, Insider is trusted by over 400 businesses across various industries including UNIQLO, Singapore Airlines, Tokopedia, Virgin, New Balance, Nissan, Huawei, Samsung, Puma, Newsweek, Media Markt, AVIS, Allianz, BBVA, Dominos, McDonald’s, Avon and CNN.