QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB DESCRIPTION
The Media Reporting Officer will be under the guidance of Media & Communications Coordinator to be responsible for the overall media and communications reports of IR Syria and Turkey operation to convey the relevant information from the field through emergency and regular situation reports, media content and translation as required using the professional writing style and techniques based on the overall communications’ strategy.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
· Ensuring that any report and collateral material that is developed is aligned with the brand’s quality requirements.
· Maintain IR Syria website and ensure that content is refreshed regularly. Work closely with internal teams to produce/refresh content that is suitable for the website such as presentations, pictures, videos... etc.
· Establish, maintain and follow up social media interactive accounts.
· Drive media activities around events and major interventions.
· Content development and production of e-newsletters, brochures and any other collateral that needs to be developed to support IR Syrian fundraising and brand-building objectives.
· Create photograph layouts, using camera, to make layout prints for supervisors or clients.
· Encourage submission of real life stories of beneficiaries with quotes by affected people, orphans, mothers, etc.
· Draft news of major implemented events or activities.
· Being responsible of developing, maintaining and updating the relevant pages of IR Syria's website by writing, proofing and editing articles for the website and other media platforms including social media.
· Write case studies and updates on IR Syria work and archiving all related media content.
· Ability to enter Syria to collect data of the general situation for press releases.
· Translation tasks from English and Arabic to Turkish and vise-versa, especially for materials coming from the field.
· Writing captions for photos and description of raw media material and arranging field photos in IR digital.
· Writing and reviewing blogs and other articles from the field.
· Any other duties assigned by the line manager.
· University degree in a related field or relevant field Media and/or Public relation from recognized institute.
· 2 to 4 years’ experience in a similar position, with proven skills in writing and speaking Media English Language.
· Previous experience with the UN and/or NGOs is an advantages.
· Computer proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and computerized payroll systems.
· Experiences of preparing cases studies, blogs and using social media posting.
· Must demonstrate flexibility, and ability to readily adapt to changing requirements and environments.
· Team builder, sense of humor, excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to resolve disputes and conflict.
· Excellent English and Turkish Language skill, Arabic skills a plus.
· Must have cultural sensitivity and the ability to work in a multi-cultural team.