QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB DESCRIPTION
Founded in 1948, Karadeniz Holding engages in various sectors, primarily energy, finance, tourism and real estate industries. The Group is the only owner, operator and builder of the first Powership™ (floating power plant) fleet in the world and plays an active role in medium to long-term investments with more than 1600 employees around the world in different countries.
Karpowership, part of the Karadeniz Holding, is the owner, operator and builder of the only Powership™ (floating power plant) fleet in the world and plays an active role in medium to long-term investments; providing access to fast-track, affordable and reliable electricity. Powerships have a range of 30 MW to 470 MW and are delivered ready to operate in less than 60 days. Currently, Karpowership owns and operates 22 Powerships with an installed capacity exceeding 3,500 MW and another 5,000 MW are under construction or in the pipeline. In addition to a Powership fleet, Karpowership owns and operates its own LNG fleet. With expertise and experience in the field, Karpowership serves as a one-stop-shop for LNG to Power solutions, as a single provider delivering all parts of the value chain; including but not limited to LNG sourcing, transport, delivery, regasification, and electricity production; with the mission of powering life wherever needed. With more than 1600 employees globally; Karpowership is operational in Indonesia, Lebanon, Mozambique, Ghana, Sierra Leone, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Gambia, Senegal, Sudan, Ivory Coast, Cuba, Brazil and New Caledonia.
We are looking for an “Environmental Assistant Manager” working in Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental Department located in Holding Headquarter with the qualifications below;
· Bachelor's and/or master’s degree in environmental engineering,
· Minimum 5 years of experience in related positions, preferably in energy sector and projects,
· Experience in environmental licensing processes, E&S Audits/Due Diligences, Environmental and Social Impact Assessment Studies and Environmental and Social Monitoring activities,
· Experience and knowledge of IFC/EBRD/Equator Principles or other international Lenders’ environmental, social, health and safety standards,
· Following and supporting preparation of periodic E&S reports, audits, monitoring activities and giving necessary trainings with the audits,
· Excellent command of English, both written and spoken, competence in French knowledge will be preferred,
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and SAP,
· No restrictions for travelling inside and outside of Turkey,
· No military obligation for male candidates.
· To provide the execution of operations in accordance with the Environmental Management Systems policies and procedures, legal regulations, international standards and other company requirements. By decreasing the environmental impacts and risks, to manage the continuous improvement processes of Environmental and Social Management System,
· To follow up the environmental and social performance parameters according to the national and international standards, and requirements of the country agreement in which the company operates, to follow them, to report and the necessary actions in accordance with the results,
· To support and to establish the policies and procedures of operations and to ensure the implementation in line with ISO 14001 Environmental Management System the international standards, other legal requirements of the company.
· To support the determination of performance parameters, the follow-up and reporting of the action plans in accordance with the ISO 14001 Environmental Management System standard, local and international standards and the requirements of the country of operation.
· To comply with and support the rules and practices, including the duties and responsibilities specified in all documents and procedures defined within the scope of ISO 45001, ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 Management Systems.
· To inspect the project site, area of influences, and premises in terms of legal and other requirements and prepare the necessary measurement plans for the plants.
· To support analyzing environmental impacts of the operations carried out in the plants on employees, suppliers, visitors and community and to take the risks under control.
· To support the preparation and reporting process for the environmental impact assessments in all phases of the onshore and the offshore investment projects in accordance with local and international standards.
· To follow up and report on environmental legislation in domestic plants, to support auditing of environmental consulting firms.
· To follow up environmental policies, to perform risk assessment studies and to support preparation and follow up site-specific environmental management plans.
· To prepare, to archive and to follow up environmental incident reports and records.
· To carry out risk analysis and to prepare preventive measures against possible environmental incidents.
· To evaluate the operations compliance on the temporary waste storage and waste disposal according to waste categorization in line with waste management procedure.
· To support the review process all work instructions, business and project methods applied in the operations from the environmental management point of view, to make contributions for preparing of environmental management instructions and announcements.
· To follow up environmental service invoices and payment terms, to register in the SAP system and to follow up payment procedure.