QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB DESCRIPTION
The A.P. Moller-Maersk Group comprises of different business activities, one of which is Maersk Line a world leading container carrier. East med Cluster, consists of Turkey, Egypt, Lebanon, Syria, Romania, Bulgaria, Israel, Ukraine and Georgia under its scope area, is one of the fastest growing regions for Maersk Line with highest volume of Turkey. Turkey Finance department is responsible for all Finance and Accounting activities related to Maersk Line, Safmarine and Seago Line in Turkey. Maersk Line Turkey Finance team is looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated “Collection Specialist” to follow up of outstanding debt so that the organization is not exposed to unacceptable credit risk.
Contract Till 31st Dec 2019
• A unique opportunity to make a difference by leading the container shipping industry in the direction of reliability,
• Gaining insight into finance and accounting processes,
• Experience a career in a multi-national company,
• Chance to learn different aspects within the cluster,
• Great opportunity to improve analytical, communication and customer management skills.
• Maintain a customer centric attitude with timely attendance to phone calls and e-mails from customers.
• Follow up proactively with customers for the collection of outstanding debt for the services delivered.
• Carry out periodic reconciliations with customers on their balances.
• Clear open items in customer balances, manage relevant corrections and cross company transfers.
• Ensure timely clearing of unposted payments.
• Provide feedback to stakeholders on outstanding/overdue and payment performance of customers.
• Follow dunning procedure for collection of overdue debt and coordinate legal procedures as relevant.
• Update booking system to enable manual document release when respective debt is collected.
• Follow sound internal control practices as established by Global SOPs.
• Establish good work relationships with internal and external customers to reach common goals.
We are looking for
• Finance related degree from a reputable university
• Preferably 2 years professional experience in finance & collection
• Working experience with SAP preferred
• Excellent command of MS Office Applications, particularly MS Excel
• Excellent command of both written and spoken English
• Organizational and time management skills, multi-tasking, prioritizing, planning work activities efficiently to meet deadlines
• Analytical mindset
• Presentation skills
• Proactive approach