QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB DESCRIPTION
Mandarin Oriental Bosphorus, Istanbul
Mandarin Oriental Bosphorus, Istanbul has become Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group's second hotel in Turkey. The hotel is located on the European side of Istanbul, in the luxurious residential district of Kuruçeşme, right next to the unique Bosphorus.
Mandarin Oriental Bosphorus, Istanbul located on the shores of the Bosphorus with its lush, generous, and magical gardens, in the city center with two outdoor pools, 100 spacious guest rooms and suites, rich Sunday brunches with menus from unique Turkish and world delicacies, world-famous Novikov Restaurant for lunch and dinner, serving Italian and Mediterranean specialties, as well as delicious sushi varieties and many other special Pan-Asian delicacies,consists of innovative restaurants and bars and opulent and elegant banquet facilities.Spanning an area of 3,500 square meters, The Spa at Mandarin Oriental Bosphorus, Istanbul, is one of the best and most comprehensive health and beauty centers in Istanbul.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Take responsibility of all operating equipment within the hotel
- Inspect Safe, Sound & Sustainable files monthly to ensure proper procedures and updates are in place
- Maintain storage of operating equipment and the cleanliness and tidiness of the stores
- Maintain the perfect condition of all operating equipment
- Maintain the purchasing and repair of all equipment
- Maintain strategy for breakages and losses to the hotel’s operating equipment
- Oversee special projects and assignments as assigned by manager / Executive Chef
- To prepare the weekly rota for staff
- Oversee chemical expenditure and control of chemical purchasing
- To manage an effective team to meet the operational requirement ensuring a high level of external and internal guest satisfaction.
- To supervise all assistant chief stewards and stewards on duty
- Control and track all breakages and implement cost saving ideas
- To control financial obligations relating to the budget, costs, wages and contracts
- Support company's philosophy and company culture through the use of Legendary Quality Experiences on a daily basis to ensure Guest Satisfaction and the achievement of our Mission Statement
- Support company's philosophy and company culture through the use of Guiding Principles and D.E.L.I.G.H.T as part of ensuring Guest Satisfaction and the achievement of our Mission Statement
- Understand feedback from quality analysis reports and act on it to ensure standards are being met and operations are constantly improving
- Uphold and enforce all hotel policies and procedures as stated in hotel colleague handbook
- Monitor & manage all aspects of hygiene and cleanliness of all areas
- Control cleaning supply expenditureTo ensure that hotel grooming and hygiene standards are being maintained, enhancing a professional image