GENEL NİTELİKLER VE İŞ TANIMI
Marks and Spencer Turkey office was established in 2005 and is now responsible for sourcing Menswear, Womenswear, Kidswear, Lingerie and Homeware products for Marks and Spencer UK Headquarter in London Waterside.
The main responsibility of this regional office is to source, develop, plan and manage textile and home production around Turkey, Europe, Middle East, North Africa and Pakistan. Our team which started with 15 employees in 2005 has grown to 80 employees in region at a consistent pace.
Our structure is made up of Merchandising (Clothing, Homeware, Operations), Technology (Quality, Fabric, Garment, Product, Plan A), Ethical Trading (Ethical Compliance and Auditing), and Supply Chain teams, supported by Human Resources and Finance departments.
Our office is located in Yesilkoy-Istanbul.
We are looking for CLOTHING & BEAUTY MERCHANDISER / PRODUCT & PRODUCTION.
What is the purpose of the job?
- Meeting business unit plan for suppliers in the region
- Meeting Departmental Margin
- Expanding current product base/ suppliers & bring in new business/ suppliers to the region
- Daily communications with the factories and the UK colleagues to cover formulation, product and packaging development, testing, and pricingnegotiations.
- Regular visit to the factories to make sure that GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) standards are being maintained.
- Maneging critical path & ensure ontime shipment achieved
- Knowledge of buying calendar and implement the development and production stage accordingly.
- Evaluate the supply base in the region by analyzing the results of cross costing exercises
- Managing the end to product development cycle in region, focusing on achieving the best possible margin and lead time whilst delivering to technical and quality standards
- Participating in the set-up of product critical path dates and working closely with Suppliers and UK Buying Department to deliver to targets
- Reviewing Tech Packs for completeness and content prior to briefing suppliers, applying an accept / reject status, and challenging the UK where necessary
- Screening development samples against the Tech Pack & Design brief and manage issues
- Check development and production samples before sending out to the UK to make sure that they are up to the spec.
- Conducting cost price negotiations with Suppliers working closely with the UK Buyer and Technologist where necessary
- Performing key updates to product information (e.g. BOM) throughout development and driving supplier data compliance
- Offering market intelligence to the buying departments with the information gathered from supplier visits and knowledge of the industry
- Sourcing and evaluating new suppliers for current and new product groups
- Regular check of production documents to make sure that traceability system is robust.
- Regular check of non-animal testing declaration forms to make sure that they are up to date.
- Source new suppliers & product types & new opportunities in the region.
What technical knowledge and skills do we need?
- University degree, preferably in textiles or beauty background.
- Technical knowledge on beauty preferably.
- With at least 3-4 years of relevant working experience
- Familiar with EU and UK regulations.
- Sound negotiation skill and well commercial awareness
- Good understanding of GMP standards.
- Knowledge of the E2E Buying process and critical path management
- Good understanding of product costing analysis
- Advanced computer skills- good command of Excel, PowerPoint and PLM systems are a plus
- Hard working, conscientious, detailed and have can-do attitude.
- Fluent in written and oral English
- Able to travel.