GENEL NİTELİKLER VE İŞ TANIMI
Marks and Spencer Turkey office was established in 2005 and is now responsible for sourcing Menswear, Womenswear, Kidswear, Lingerie and Homeware products for Marks and Spencer UK Headquarter in London Waterside. The main responsibility of this regional office is to source, develop, plan and manage textile and home production around Turkey, Europe, North Africa, Middle East and Pakistan. Our team which started with 15 employees in 2005 has grown to 100 employees in region at a consistent pace. Our structure is made up of Merchandising (Clothing, Homeware, Operations), Technology (Quality, Fabric, Garment, Product, Plan A), Social Compliance (Ethical Auditing), and Supply Chain teams, supported by Human Resources and Finance departments.
Our office is located in Yesilkoy-Istanbul.
We are looking for MERCHANDISER for our Merchandising Department.
What is the purpose of the job?
• Meeting business unit plan for suppliers in the region
• Meeting Departmental Margin
• Expanding current product base/ suppliers & bring in new business/ suppliers to the region
• Monitoring supplier performance for each category
• Evaluate the supply base in the region by analyzing the results of cross costing exercises
• Achieving target hit rate for tech packs
• Data quality
• Managing the end to product development cycle in region, focusing on achieving the best possible margin and lead time whilst delivering to technical and quality standards
• Participating in the set-up of product critical path dates and working closely with Suppliers and UK Buying Department to deliver to targets
• Contributing to regional sourcing strategy as necessary
• Managing Tech Packs and development sampling process on system
• Reviewing Tech Packs for completeness and content prior to briefing suppliers, applying an accept / reject status and challenging the UK where necessary
• Maintaining a view of the sourcing strategy and supply base in region and working in collaboration with the UK Buyer to identify suppliers to brief tech packs to and agree final supplier selection
• Screening development samples against the Tech Pack and manage issues
• Conducting cost price negotiations with Suppliers working closely with the UK Buyer and Technologist where necessary
• Performing key updates to product information (e.g. BOM) throughout development and driving supplier data compliance
• Offering market intelligence to the buying departments with the information gathered from supplier visits and knowledge of the industry
• Sourcing and evaluating new suppliers for current and new product groups
What technical knowledge and skills do we need?
• University degree, preferably in textiles
• At least 6 years experience in the industry, preferably in the UK/European market
• Knowledge of the E2E Buying process and critical path management
• Good understanding of product costing analysis
• Advanced computer skills- Good command of Excel, PowerPoint and PLM systems are a plus
• Good command of internet is a plus
• Excellent level of written and spoken English
• Strong reporting and analytical skills
• Proactive thinking & assertiveness
• Good planning and organizing skills
• Strong interpersonal / communication skills
• Negotiation skills
• Ability to initiate action plan against business priorities
• Ability to influence