QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB DESCRIPTION
Meeting Point International is a globally positioned, destination management company headquartered in the Bavarian capital Munich, Germany, offering tailor-made products and concepts to a wide spectrum of Tour Operators and Travel Organizations worldwide. We provide first class destination management solutions such as the provision of hotels, transfers, excursions, representation and all ground handling services.
Today Meeting Point International is among the leading Destination Management Companies in over 21 Destinations and supplies to more than 450 partners, including some of the most popular destinations around the globe; Azores, Bahrain, Croatia, Cuba, Cyprus, Dominican Republic, Egypt, Gambia, Greece, Italy, Lebanon, Malta, Mexico, Morocco, North America, Oman, Spain, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey and the United Arab Emirates. Meeting Point International is part of the FTI Group, the fourth largest tour operator in Europe, which provides solidness to all our partners
Besides offering destination management services, Meeting Point also focus on the hospitality sector. Meeting Point Hotel Management, which was founded by FTI in 2015, is an international hospitality company with a portfolio of five brands compromising more than 70 properties with more than 14,000 rooms, in 11 countries and 4 continents. The company’s portfolio includes Labranda Hotels & Resorts, Design Plus Hotels, Kairaba Hotels & Resorts, Club Sei Lemon & Soul Hotels
Purpose of the Job
As the Business Development Manager, you will manage the relationship between Meeting Point International and Tour Operators in the Mediterranean and you will be responsible for developing the existing business as well as assisting in reaching new business opportunities thus leveraging the Company’s reputation.
About the role
- Drive growth and development of new opportunities to increase market share by ensuring smooth on boarding of newly acquired business partners.
- Assist the IT department with developments for a newly acquired business partner from commercial point of view
- Target actively new customers and T/Os.
- Examine demographic information and sales potentials to determine the focus of the market visit(s) with relevant sales activities.
- Develop existing business by taking ownership of accounts as well as finding new and active trade partners.
- Organization and participation in meetings during sales trips and exhibitions
- Guide MP Destinations to be prepared to handle new business by passing on market intelligence whenever required.
- Assist T/O partners whenever required
- BA degree in tourism or similar field.
- 4-5 years’ experience in the hospitality industry, out of which 2-3 years’ experience in a Sales or Business Development position preferably in a multinational firm.
- Positive and open-minded team player, creative and entrepreneurial, uses initiatives to resolve any challenges.
- Familiarity in dealing with different touristic entities.
- Understanding of multinational source markets.
- Travel is required approximately 70% of the time
- This position may require occasionally extensive travelling and flexibility. Work extends time to time on weekends and evenings.
- Maintain high level of professionalism in dealing with customers and internally in the organization. Ready to be flexible, customer service orientated.
- Ability to manage complex /major projects
- Work effectively under time and resource constraints.
- Fluent English language. Knowledge of German/Spanish/Portuguese/Chinese or any other language is a plus.
- Sufficient IT skills, including Microsoft office programs, other IT skills are considered as plus.
- Quality service for company minded, maintain high standards.