QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB DESCRIPTION
Business Development and tenders:
1. Evaluates commercial and contractual requirements of the renewable energy business in Turkey. Conducts regular market intelligence activities, screens sector-related transactions.
2. Follows the general and specific legal framework around renewables in Turkey.
3. Cooperates with technical, development, and engineering teams to understand the wind or solar regime and project layout alternatives, potential grid connection points, access routes, and evaluates potential risks and constraints for the target project to be able to evaluate the economics of the project.
4. Works with technical, development, and engineering teams to prepare and propose the strategies for the different public tenders (YEKDEM or YEKA-based).
- Supports financial models (both for solar and wind) to evaluate tender strategy.
- Prepares necessary grid competition documents and participates in tender rounds for submitting RES Anatolia´s bid.
5. Prepares market summary reports, board and committee papers.
6. Supports KPI, reporting, and the 3-years business planning and the budgeting process.
7. Works in accordance with the project development team about the project commercial timeline alignment.
8. Prospects clients that could provide Corporate Power Purchase Agreement (cPPA) and negotiate commercial terms and contracts.
9. Carries business development activities to explore new technologies, new business lines for the Turkish market, such as energy storage, asset management, O&M, etc.
10. Works with regional and international commercial teams to support international business development activities.
Project sales and Acquisitions:
1. Organize, drive and manage the entire project sale process.
- Prepare marketing materials (Teasers, Process Letters, Information Memorandum)
- Using his/her commercial network, manage the relations with the potential buyers
- Manage project data rooms with assistance from internal resources
- Cooperate with the Turkish local and wider RES Group legal departments for the preparation of the Share Purchase Agreements (SPAs), Development Service Agreements (DSAs) and, if needed, Shareholders agreements (SHAs).
- In collaboration with the internal legal and external law firm if needed, handles SPA, SHA, and DSA negotiations, preparation of EPDK and Competition board approval documents, as well as signing, closing, and registration and license amendment arrangements
2. Prepares economic models, feasibility studies, IRR and NPV calculations, and LCOE.
3. Establishes contact with various financial institutions in order to assess the viability and the high-level terms of project financing for projects under development.
4. Cooperates with local and global finance teams.
5. Collaborates with finance team for evaluating tax duties and commercial/financial profit calculation.
6. Investigates potential merger and acquisition targets.
7. Identifies potential JV partner companies and creates initial contact with them.
8. Evaluates potential partner´s business activities, financial capabilities, and owners' personal and business reputation to understand If the potential partner is economically, ethically, and culturally a good fit for RES.
9. Prepares RES Anatolia and RIC board notes.
1. Contribute to keeping good corporate relations with all stakeholders.
2. Supports communications between RES Anatolia and third parties for the ongoing and potential future PR activities.
3. Supports sector-related lobbying activities.
4. Participate in the communication with energy associations in Turkey.
- Degree in Engineering, Business or Economic or Business Sciences
- Very good command of English both in written and spoken
- Strong knowledge of MS Office Applications
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to demonstrate technical proficiency, attention to details, solution provider, adaptability, synthesis, availability, capacity to manage a project in the long term, good planning
- Planning & project management
- Military service completed for male candidates
- Active driving skills and B driving license