QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB DESCRIPTION
· University degree with min. 6 years of experience in purchasing in local and foreign markets
· Preferablyexperienced in promotional products/gifts/premiums, soft toys or related sectors
· Excellent command of written and spoken English
· Strong negotiation, follow-up and communication skills
· Analytic, organized, practical and detail and result-oriented
· Enthusiastic about learning new products and techniques
· Knowledge in foreign trade procedures
· Advanced knowledge of MS Office and internet applications
· No military obligation for male candidates
We are looking for a SENIOR PURCHASING SPECIALIST
for our gifts and premiums Company, operating at Gültepe, İstanbul.
Our company provides its Turkish and multi-national customers with custom design and stock products to support their marketing activities for 19 years. Experience acquired fromFATOŞ TOYS, our company Prowide Promotions holds in-house design and production departments. Sales, design, production and purchasing departments fully cooperate to satisfy customers’ needs. All of the four departments play a key role and complement each other. (prowide.com.tr)
Serving customer may be realised by one of the following;
1. design team develops a new product and purchasing department is asked to have that new product produced locally or internationally. This involves intense written technical communication. Design team and customs agent supports during the process.
2. new designed product is produced by production Department in-house. Raw materials or special components may be asked to be supplied by purchasing Department.
3. purchasing identifies suppliers and buys or imports a stock item, demanded by sales Department.
4. offer novelty products from online and offline sources, relevant to sales department’s briefs
Job description of our candidate is as follows:
· Research and identify local & international suppliers for the required new design or ready products. Products ranging from soft toys to electronic plastic toys, from bags to porcelain.
· Prepare cost for local and foreign goods
· Conduct detailed technical correspondence with suppliers and investigate their compliance with relevant import, safety and other regulations
· Manage all stages of purchasing in accordance with aesthetic and quality standards and within the required timelines