Medium Level Manager
Medium Level Manager
QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB DESCRIPTION
The purpose of this pipeline post is to identify ready to acquire talents for our Finance Team.
Support the finance team in managing the finance elements of budgeting and reporting along with partnerships throughout the partnership cycle from capacity assessment till close out and cash transfer programming in the Turkey Country Office. Finance Coordinator will conduct partners’ financial monitoring and expenditures verification, monitor partners progress in implementation the recommendations, track and keep management apprised of partner advances and ensure proper close-out of partner agreements. S/He will develop and conduct partner capacity building activities ensuring that partners have adequate capacity to comply with SCI and donor guidelines. S/he will control accounting mechanism to comply in country regular and rules also SCI and donor regulations as well.
Note: In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or other related field, individuals with practical experience will be considered
- Minimum of 4 years of experience of working in finance department with i/NGOs
- Experience in assessment and monitoring of partners
- Knowledge of finance and operational controls in regards to cash transfer programming
- A desire to learn and work in a challenging but rewarding environment
- Ability to work under pressure alone and as part of a team
- A strong sense of integrity
- Attention to detail
- Advanced working knowledge with MS Office applications (i.e. Word, advanced Excel, Outlook, Teams)
- Familiar working with financial softwares
- Strong communication (written and spoken), and interpersonal skills in English and Turkish, with experience in working with multicultural teams
- Preferably experience of working in an international charity and ERP accounting systems such as Agresso
- Experience of working in emergency response and major donors is highly desired
- Knowledge and experience on Turkish accountancy rules and regulations applying to international humanitarian organizations is highly desired
Position holder will be based in Istanbul, therefore legal right to work in Turkey is necessary at the time of application.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Save the Children is committed to create a truly inclusive, effective and representative organisational culture, encouraging equity and diversity among its employees and eliminating discrimination. Having a diverse profile of employees, different age groups, backgrounds, cultures, gender identities and expressions, sexual orientation etc., including a range of different experiences and capabilities helps us understand, represent and serve children better. Therefore all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, or age.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.