QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB DESCRIPTION
One of the most established enterprises in Turkey, Sisecam is a global actor in business lines including flat glass, glassware, glass packaging and glass fiber as well as soda and chromium chemicals. Sisecam, which is globally one of the two largest producers in glassware and the five largest producers in glass packaging and flat glass today, is the world’s eighth largest soda producer as well as the world leader in chromium compounds.
Operating in Turkey, Germany, Italy, Bulgaria, Romania, Slovakia, Hungary, Bosnia-Herzegovina, the Russian Federation, Georgia, Ukraine, Egypt, India and the USA, Sisecam plays a leading role in flat glass, glassware, glass packaging, chemicals, automotive, glass fiber, mining, energy and recycling business lines.
As a company at international scale with its 85 years of experience, 22,000 employees, production activities spanning 14 countries on four continents, and sales in 150 countries, Sisecam continues on its journey to become one of top three global producers in its all-main business lines.
We are looking for Occupational Health&Safety Specialist to take part inFlat Glass Factory located inMersin;
Skills and Qualifications
· Graduate from the Engineering Faculty or having OHS Master's Degree
· Having B Class OHS Certificate at least
· Having one of the OHS Certificates with International Validity (NEBOSH / IOSH )is an advantage
· PDCA solving and conflict management
· Experienced in machinery, equipment and risk analysis,
· Skilled and good team player
· To have a high sense of responsibility, to be open to research, learning, and education,
· Good communication and persuasion skills, high motivation,
· Ability to communicate with different cultures and societies
· Problem solver
· Good MS knowledge(Word/Excel)
· Good command of written and spoken English,
· Flexibility in working hours
· No travel barrier
· Deploy the Şişecam OHS strategy policy and standard in Turkey to achieve excellent sustainable results Health & Safety for delivering OHS results. Monitoring Health & Safety Legal compliance and ensure the organization's needs and making up-to-dateness and conformity assessment of Occupational Health and Safety legislation
· Ensure that OHS policy, rules and procedures are understood and followed in the facility and
· Performing necessary regulatory preventive actions by performing factory process, process, and machine-based risk assessment analyzes and carrying out and supporting Emergency Management activities,
· Developing and carrying out "Safety Culture Projects" within the scope of Occupational Health and Safety and planning and conducting training that will improve the competence and awareness of employees on OHS,
· Checking that the subcontractor works in the factory area are carried out in accordance with occupational health and safety.
· By conducting field inspections, determining nonconformities in Occupational Safety issues, and cooperating with the relevant departments for a solution.
· Managing and controlling Occupational Safety management System (ISO 45001) standards are on the facility.
· Cost reduction and contract management perspective
· Improving the experience of all our stakeholders by increasing their life quality and economic welfare in-line with the mission, vision and values. Ensuring the healthy, safe and well-being environment of the employees and workplace.