Research and Development (R&...
Research and Development...
Research and Development (R&D)
QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB DESCRIPTION
Turkiye Technology Center is looking for “Design Engineers” and offering them the opportunity to work with state-of-art technologies and applications, specializing in aircraft and industrial engine repair processes, in a technology base located in Gebze, Kocaeli which is being established by General Electric Aviation, GE MTC (General Electric Marmara Technology Center) and TEI (Tusaş Engine Industries, Inc.).
Expected qualification, requirements and desired characteristics from candidates are as below:
Qualifications & Requirements
- BSc or MSc degree in Mechanical Engineering or Aeronautical Engineering.
- Minimum 1-3 Years of hands on experience in designing and analyzing structural or rotating parts.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Proficient in the use of engineering software (such as NX and ANSYS).
- Preferably experience in areas such as aviation, gas turbine or internal combustion engine design and analysis.
- Adaptable to work with teams from various cultures, understand behavioral and communicational differences, open to flex work style as necessary.
- Have understanding of Lean at Engineering or open to learn and adapt Lean principles.
- Project management and communication skills, able to monitor project status.
- Ability to multi-task effectively in a result oriented, risk managing approach.
- Taken courses in Advanced Mechanical Design, Elasticity, Modal Analysis, Advanced Vibrations and Fatigue Analysis.
- Familiarity with GD&T (Geometric Dimensional and Tolerancing).
- LEAN/Process improvement experience is a plus.
The essential responsibilities of this position are:
- Perform component level design assessments for assigned hardware (with guidance of experienced engineers when needed) in accordance to the required Design Practices for Aircraft Engines and Gas Turbines. (e.g Combustor, Compressor, High Pressure Turbine, Low Pressure Turbine and Fan hardware including blades, vanes, cases, frames, disks, seals and shafts)
- Work with suppliers to resolve manufacturing relevant problems and engage/lead identified improvements for fielded products.
- Understand and evaluate the overall effects of engine operations on the hardware, such as thermal effects, vibratory, maneuver and limit loads.
- Support design reviews at several stages of design and redesigns.
- Conduct stress and life analyses in support of engine certifications and qualifications, design optimization to meet life goals and test capability assessment of engine hardware.
- Understand and evaluate Federal Aviation Authority requirements when an engine component is redesigned.
- Document technical data generated by assigned projects consistent with engineering policies and procedures.