QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB DESCRIPTION
The Director for Public Affairs for GMEA will drive the implementation of the Tetra Pak Public Affairs strategy across the region toensure a regulatory environment that supports, or does not harm, our business objectives.
· lead the development and execution of public affairs and advocacy initiatives to support Tetra Pak’s Business in the region;
· manage a portfolio of environment, sustainability, food and consumer health policies and
· serve as the primary point of contact for the Tetra Pak market organizations in the region.
In addition, she/he will be part of the corporate Public Affairs leadership team and report to the corporate VP for Public Affairs.
• Develop and lead implementation of an public affairs plan to engage with the policy environment and position Tetra Pak as partner and solution provider in areas relevant for the execution of growth strategy in the region, set the priorities and objectives for the region
• Proactively monitor public policy and regulatory developments, emerging trends, and other political or public issues in the region and key markets (environment, sustainability, food and consumer health); propose response strategies; ensure risks are managed and opportunities assessed
• Ensure measurable deliverables and metrics and aligned within the Communications function and the cluster/country leadership.
· Lead/coordinate advocacy campaigns and external positioning with policy stakeholders;identify external opportunities and platforms to strategically deploy thought leadership
• Represent Tetra Pak in regional trade associations and stakeholder platforms, including leveraging existing opportunities or creating new ones, and mobilizing resources.
• Ensure we build and manage relationships with key policy stakeholdersas well as coalitions with competitors/industry, NGOs and other influencers, secure Tetra Pak representation in key industry associations and networks.
• Provide strategic direction to in-market teams in the creation and execution of local public affairs engagement and/or direct local teams, as needed.
• Support development of Tetra Pak corporate positions and Public Affairs tools, secure quality of advocacy materials and visibility in external & internal communication channels
• Build / enhance capabilities, conduct trainings, coach & mentor local teams engaged in advocacy, ensure adequate external support
• Active participation in corporate PA leadership team, ensure proper communication, alignment and coordination internally
Education and Experience
· Bachelor degree required. Advanced Degree in public policy, international affairs, political science, law and/or similar preferred.
· Min 10 yearof related professional/Public Affairs experience gained in a similar role in a multinational company, Public Affairs firm, international organisation or industry association; preferably related to the food, beverage or packaging industry
· Significant experience in public affairs, government affairs, environment, sustainability, food and consumer health policy issues; leading advocacy campaigns including coaching of cross-functional local team and business leaders
· Experience in the region
Skills and behaviour
· Exceptional understanding of role of public affairs in driving business goals;
· Demonstrated ability to develop and execute effective, innovative and practical public affairs solutions and comprehensive plans that deliver results;
· Highly skilled at anticipating, identifying, and addressing emerging issues and related risks that could impact Tetra Pak’s business
· Recognized as a creative and independent thinker who clearly articulates public policy ideas and is able to develop solutions the lead to workable regulatory outcomes for Tetra Pak
· Proven experience in developing and driving advocacy campaigns with measurable results
· Demonstrated ability to develop and deploy appropriate public affairs tools (advocacy, stakeholder engagement plans, etc.)
· Strong grasp of the public policy making process, including the ability to identify emerging issues and opportunities, and to develop and implement measurable tactical plans.
· Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, inclusive leader, highly substantive and collaborative; strong team player, culturally sensitive, diplomacy and tact
· Strong ability to build relationships and use influence with key constituencies
· Established track record of collaboration and coalition building in complex environments.
· Demonstrated ability to succinctly convey relevant information at the right time and with the proper context and seek input as needed
· Outstanding oral and written communications skills
· Well organized, highly motivated, creative and analytical problem solver
· Demonstrated the ability to manage change, operate with ease in a dynamic environment and in navigating ambiguity to drive decisions
· Focuses on priorities, goals and outcomes. Makes timely decisions, takes initiative and operates with a sense of urgency and responsiveness
Exceptional command of English language and executive writing is required
· GME&A – English & fluent in French or Arabic or Turkish or Urdu