EDITION Hotels combine the visionary genius of boutique hotelier Ian Schrager, the service delivery of a world-class luxury hotel, and the global reach of Marriott International to create an entirely new experience in the world of hospitality. Our hotels are stunning microcosms of the world's top cities, featuring the finest in dining, entertainment, nightlife, and service to create an enchanting experience that makes your spirit soar!
But to create this magical experience, we need you.
EDITION is hiring warm, out-going, authentically amazing people who are looking for a place to work that inspires them, challenges them and makes them proud to come to work. A place where service comes from the heart, not from a handbook. A place that delivers a never-ending theatrical performance that continuously delights and enchants each and every one of our guests.
We invite you to join us today.
Entry level management position that assists in supporting the day-to-day activities in Housekeeping, Recreation/Health Club and Laundry, if applicable. Position works with employees to clean and maintain guestrooms and public space. Completes inspections and holds people accountable for corrective action. Position assists in ensuring guest and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 1 year experience in the housekeeping or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Assisting in Managing Housekeeping Operations and Budgets
• Assists in all lost and found procedures.
• Obtains list of rooms to be cleaned immediately and list of prospective check-outs or discharges to prepare work assignments.
• Inventories stock to ensure adequate supplies.
• Ensures guest room status is communicated to the Front Desk in a timely and efficient manner.
• Works effectively with the Engineering department on guest room maintenance needs.
• Understands and complies with loss prevention policies and procedures.
• Ensures all employees have proper supplies, equipment and uniforms.
• Assists in supervising an effective inspection program for all guestrooms and public space.
• Assists in managing linen inventory and guest supplies and assists in the ordering of supplies as necessary.
• Assist in supervising Housekeeping and all related areas in the absence of the Director of Services or Housekeeping Manager.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals; continuously strives to improve service performance.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Handles guest problems and complaints seeking assistance from supervisor as necessary.
• Assists in the review of comment cards and guest satisfaction results with employees.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.