QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB DESCRIPTION
Kerten is an investment vehicle that is privately owned by its founder, investing in start-up and midsize businesses in Europe, MENA region, Turkey, and surrounding countries. Kerten has ongoing investments across numerous business sectors in 17 different countries. Investment sectors are diverse, including agriculture, construction, finance, FMCG, hospitality, real estate and many service-oriented businesses. Kerten is unique in that it uses no third-party capital and is a pioneer in many markets.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious general manager to join Kerten Hospitality and contribute to its profitable growth, Kerten Hospitality contracted to open over 20 hotels in the next 3 years, numerous F&B concepts across many geographies, and a number of Ouspace properties, which is our co-working /business club. The Hospitality business of Kerten manages Branded Residences, Serviced Apartments, Hotels, and offices under its 100% owned brands The House Hotel Group Cloud7, Ouspace as well as numerous F&B brands.
The successful candidate can see beyond the standard rules and ways of the hospitality industry. The mission is to successfully manage Kerten’s existing hospitality businesses in Turkey and contribute to its significant expansion, by ensuring new openings occur optimally and subsequently manage the new properties. This individual will have a strong focus on driving revenue and pushing the brands to the next level, exploring new revenue generating streams.
A self-motivated and highly-organised person with the ability to communicate and manage at all levels, possessing the drive to make our guests and team part of our brand culture.
We offer an opportunity:
• To be part of a rapidly expanding international hospitality business
• Take overall responsibility for the hospitality opportunities in Turkey to deliver on an extensive growth plan
• Share in the business success, key management have a unique programme which allows for this in a meaningful way as we work off a private equity model
We are looking for a positive, knowledgeable and driven Hospitality General Manager. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following to the highest standards:
• Operating the existing and to be opened properties optimally in Turkey
• Propose new ideas, fitting market trends and developments, implement and monetise them
• Work closely together with the Kerten Hospitality International team to enhance the customer journeys and profitability in all projects
• Ensure excellent Owner Relations
We are looking for:
• Experience as a General Manager, or Director of Operations
• Degree or diploma in Hotel Management or equivalent
• Possess strong commercial acumen, with proven track record of delivering in profitability
• Experience in managing budgets, revenue proposals, and forecasting results and having the responsibility for the actual delivery of them
• Excellent hands-on leadership skills
• Exceptional communication skills, verbal and an ability to manage relations in all directions
• In-depth knowledge of Turkish Market
• Fluent English and Turkish required
• International experience and/or exposure to International brands desired
• Cluster management experience, or running the operations of more than 1 brand at the same time a great plus
• Ability to get things done