QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB DESCRIPTION
Start Your Journey With Us
The St. Regis brand first established luxury hospitality more than 110 years ago, with the opening of the St. Regis New York. From the moment John Jacob Astor IV opened the doors of his Beaux-Arts masterpiece on New York’s Fifth Avenue, St. Regis has stood as a symbol of uncompromising elegance and bespoke service. Today, with more than 40 of the best addresses around the world, St. Regis is a place where trends are born, boundaries are broken and guests can simply live exquisite. We invite you to explore careers at St. Regis.
- Min. 10 years experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area
- Excellent leadership skills
- A creative approach to the production of high quality food
- A business focused approach to managing a luxury hotel kitchen
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Extensive knowledge of menu development, insight into market, cost and wage control.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Leading Kitchen Operations for Property
· Leads kitchen management team.
· Provides direction for all day-to-day operations.
· Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees' absence or determine appropriate replacement to fill gaps.
· Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
· Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
· Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
· Serving as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
· Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
· Reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
· Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and ensures employees do the same within the team.
· Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an "open door" policy and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
· Supervises and coordinates activities of cooks and workers engaged in food preparation.
· Demonstrate new cooking techniques and equipment to staff.
Setting and Maintaining Goals for Culinary Function and Activities
· Develops and implements guidelines and control procedures for purchasing and receiving areas.
· Establishes goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
· Communicates the importance of safety procedures, detailing procedure codes, ensuring employee understanding of safety codes, monitoring processes and procedures related to safety.
· Manages department controllable expenses including food cost, supplies, uniforms and equipment.
· Participates in the budgeting process for areas of responsibility.
· Knows and implements the brand's safety standards.
Ensuring Culinary Standards and Responsibilities are Met
· Provides direction for menu development.
· Monitors the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
· Determines how food should be presented, and create decorative food displays.
· Recognizes superior quality products, presentations and flavor.
· Ensures compliance with food handling and sanitation standards.
· Follows proper handling and right temperature of all food products.
· Ensures employees maintain required food handling and sanitation certifications.
· Maintains purchasing, receiving and food storage standards.
· Prepares and cooks foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
· Provides and supports service behaviors that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
· Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
· Manages day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
· Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifies excellent customer service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
· Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
· Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
· Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service. Establishes guidelines so employees understand expectations and parameters. Ensures employees receive on-going training to understand guest expectations.
· Reviews comment cards, guest satisfaction results and other data to identify areas of improvement.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.