QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB DESCRIPTION
QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB DESCRIPTION
We are thyssenkrupp!
thyssenkrupp stands for 160,000 employees in 80 countries and annual sales of €41.5 billion. We are active in automotive engineering, logistics, plant technology, elevator manufacturing and much more. We have over 200 years of experience in industry and the latest cutting-edge technology.
thyssenkrupp Industrial Solutions Turkey is part of thyssenkrupp Group and is a leading partner for the engineering, construction and service of all industrial plants and systems within segments of chemical, coke, cement and mining. We are looking for a new colleague that will help thyssenkrupp Industrial Solutions to strengthen its presence in Turkey.
The purpose of the role is to provide mechanical engineering support to the production facility (machining and fabrication), to ensure that optimal practices are used for the production or repair of parts, assemblies and machines from the minerals processing and mining environment, and designs are updated to benefit from newer production techniques or materials.
- Work closely with the production team to support them in production process planning, controlling and monitoring; Measure production process performance through KPIs and explore and define further improvement opportunities through necessary analytics
- (repetition) Implement and maintain lean manufacturing practices and activities
- Support the production planning and procurement process to ensure that the technical drawings and information for production are suitable and correctly interpreted and presented.
- Review of materials, machining, heat treatment, tolerances, fabrication and welding practices specified on legacy drawings,
- Rework drawings, bills of materials (BoM) and data sheets with the updated information in a format suitable for production and in line with modern production methods and materials and provide feedback to the engineering department
- Address production practices queries from the shop floor
- Evaluate and advise the production department which proposed changes may have broader engineering considerations by consulting other engineering teams globally where necessary
- Performing basic mechanical and welding design calculations for components and assemblies
- Perform fault finding on non-conforming products and parts / assemblies returned from site to determine and address causes
- Collaborate closely with other departments locally and globally
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical/Metallurgical Engineering and IWE
- Solid knowledge of production processes, work preparation (especially for large scaled welded assemblies) and 3 years or more practical experience in a fabrication or machining workshop environment for special machine engineering
- Exposure to minerals processing, materials handling and / or mining industries and the equipment used in these industries would be an advantage
- The ability to read and interpret engineering drawings (e.g. welding symbols, surface finishes, tolerances)
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Excellent MS Office applications; Auto-CAD
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Highly self-motivated, energetic, and result oriented
- Desires to work in a competitive and international environment
- Eager to learn and get experienced in a growing production facility
- Resistance to stress, organized working style
WORKING ENVIRONMENT&BENEFITS (WHAT WE OFFER)
• Respect, recognition and appreciation of the contribution of everyone
• Training and continuing development options. Help to grow alongside with us in personality and profession
• Highest standards in occupational safety and health
We work together closely and respect each other, for over 200 years now and up till today. If that is just as important to you as it is to us, apply now!
We value diversity and therefore welcome all applications, irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic and social background, religion and beliefs, disability, age, or sexual orientation and identity.