YILDIRIM Group is a family-owned business, headquartered in Turkey, with operations in 21 countries and 11 sectors – ranging frommetals & mining, coal & coke, energy, fertilizers & chemicals, to port management, logistics, shipping, shipbuilding, industrial construction, and real estate development. YILDIRIM Group of Companies today employ more than 10,000 people around the globe, and invested more than USD 5 billion in finance strategic acquisitions, modernization and improvement projects.
Transitex Istanbul, TURKEY, one of YILDIRIM Group companies that provides a comprehensive range of export and import Maritime, LCL and Airfreight services, catering to every specific requirement for various types of goods, time constraints and trading nations. Transitex is in a position to offer the most economical transport solutions, combined with fast and efficient communications. As a specialist in the handling of perishable cargoes, Transitex aims to get the goods to their destination on time, on budget and in optimum condition. Transitex is more than a freight forwarder, but a Logistics Operator with added value.
For our new organization, we are looking for a Operations Assistant Specialist to be based in Transitex Istanbul, Maslak Office.
- Bachelor's Degree from a reputable university
- Minimum 1 year operations and/or customer service experience in forwarding business,
- Written and oral fluency in English is a must, (Spanish knowledge as a second language will be an asset)
- Quality and result oriented with a strong attention to detail,
- Able to work independently, flexibly in a rapidly changing multi-cultural environment with a positive attitude toward change and new opportunities,
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to build cross-functional relationships,
- Able to handle multiple priorities and to meet strict deadlines,
- Excellent planning and organization skills,
- Able to travel both locally and internationally when required,
- Reside in European side of Istanbul is preferred,
- Completed military service requirement (for male candidates only),
Operations Assistant Specialist will perform the procedures relating to forwarding operations such as booking operations, liaising with the customs authorities and the issuance/reviewing of all documentation relating to freight services, registration of the contract conditions of service and supporting the sales process in accordance with the standards and guidelines set by management, in order to ensure compliance with the administrative procedures related to the freight forwarding business, the organization and timely registration of contractual conditions, as well as contacts and business consultations within the given deadlines.
- Perform the procedures relating to forwarding operations, namely the bookings received by sales in order to ensure compliance with the conditions of service agreed with the various parties, under a responsible supervision.
- Document the different forwarding operations,noting the conditions of service, organizing the related contracts and collecting all relevant administrative and commercial information in order to ensure the collection of all the data of the operation, under a responsible supervision.
- Support the sales activity, making contacts with agents/clients and launching enquiries to the market in order to timely respond to requests from the commercial area, under a responsible supervision.
- Taking the administrative steps inherent to documentation and operational procedures,carrying out the control and delivery of documentation, including customs documentation, and providing clarification and information to customersandcarriers, to ensure that the commitments made to customers and partners are met and comply with the legal requirements.
- Receive customer complaints and act according to the established procedure.
- Check, issue and dispatch documents relating to freight forwarding services provided in order to ensure compliance with applicable legal requirements, under a responsible supervision.
- Ensure the filing of all documentation issued, to ensure the accurate documentation of the processes and a timely access to the information, whenever requested and incompliance with legal requirements.