Research and Development (R&...
Research and Development...
Research and Development (R&D)
QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB DESCRIPTION
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, aerospace engineering, or in similar disciplines. A Master's degree in engineering is a plus.
- Requires 2+ years of experience in Aviation, Defense, or Automotive industries.
- Familiarity with FAA regulations, Boeing/Airbus specifications is a plus.
- Knowledge of 3D modeling software (especially CATIA v5) including PLM knowledge.
- Able to design complex integrated kinematic assemblies.
- Understanding of material properties including metals, general plastics, and composites.
- Experience in a variety of manufacturing processes including CNC machining, stamping, plastic injection, and composite manufacturing.
- Ability to travel abroad.
- Create 3D models of individual components and assemblies in CATIA v5. Create and or check 2D drawings of parts, components, sub-assemblies, and assemblies as required in CATIA v5.
- Creating parts breakdown (Bill of Material – BOM) and technical documentation.
- Apply best engineering principles in the design of seat structural and plastic components by ensuring specification, regulation, schedule, and budget requirements are met.
- Research and verify the design criteria and needs per customer as well as based upon regulatory and integrator or OEM requirements.
- Executing best practice engineering concepts, including material and process selections.
- Research the new advanced materials and support the definition of the material characterization.
- Identify opportunities to optimize components and assemblies, which strongly adhere to the cost, the time, and the quality at the desired level.
- Support the development of the TSI Engineering Design Rules and Methods.
- Understand carefully the market needs in strong collaboration with the marketing department and provide and support the new innovative ideas.
- Benchmark studies and prepare documentation.
We cooperate with our colleagues, candidates, and all internal/external partners in line with our employer branding motto “Stronger Together”. We consider that it is not a privilege to provide equal opportunities to all candidates who apply to our job adverts, regardless of race, religion, language, gender, color, national or social origin, sexual orientation, disability, political opinion, pregnancy, or marital status. #StrongerTogether