QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB DESCRIPTION
One of the most established enterprises in Turkey, Şişecam is a global actor in business lines including flat glass, glassware, glass packaging and glass fiber as well as soda and chromium chemicals. Şişecam, which is globally one of the two largest producers in glassware and the five largest producers in glass packaging and flat glass today, is the world’s eighth largest soda producer as well as the world leader in chromium compounds.
Operating in Turkey, Germany, Italy, Bulgaria, Romania, Slovakia, Hungary, Bosnia-Herzegovina, the Russian Federation, Georgia, Ukraine, Egypt, India and the USA, Şişecam plays a leading role in flat glass, glassware, glass packaging, chemicals, automotive, glass fiber, mining, energy and recycling business lines.
As a company at international scale with its 85 years of experience, 22,000 employees, production activities spanning 14 countries on four continents, and sales in 150 countries, Şişecam continues on its journey to become one of top three global producers in its all-main business lines.
We are looking for an Investment and Business Development Specialist to take part in Şişecam Headquarters – Strategy Function in Tuzla / Istanbul.The ideal candidate would have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, or Industrial/Management Engineering
- MBA or master's degree in finance related areas would be an asset
- Minimum 2 years of experience in corporate finance, investment banking, management consulting, audit or related fields
- Proactive and comfortable with taking initiatives with a high sense of responsibility and strong attention to detais
- Strong problem-solving skills, and analytical approach to complex business cases
- High learning agility to work on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well in a team as well as autonomously
- Excellent command of the English language
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (knowledge of Excel Macros would be an asset)
Şişecam continuously evaluates investment opportunities in its current fields of activity as well as new business areas to serve its growth strategy. Investment and Business Development Specialist will help evaluate both organic and inorganic investment opportunities on a global scale by being an active member of the Investments team.
- Preparation of operational and financial models by carrying out extensive studies on subjects such as acquisitions, partnerships, mergers and new business areas
- Preparation of presentations and reports to communicate the results of financial models and business cases to senior management
- Contributing to integrated studies covering due diligence, financial, operational, commercial and market studies in M&A projects and analyzing teasers and IMs
- Preparation of comprehensive feasibility reports covering all operational, strategic and financial assessments in addition to financial evaluation of investments
- Conducting research to determine international acquisition opportunities
- Preparation of analysis and evaluation reports on growth opportunities in potential new markets and investment targets
- Analyzing key investment markets/geographies periodically on FDI position, investment climate and macroeconomic trends