Years of Experience
No experience preference
Years of Experience
No experience preference
QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB DESCRIPTION
Join our journey as we connect for a better future. Ready?
We are looking for a
Our purpose at Vodafone is to connect for a better future. As a Global Communications Technology company, we put the customer at the heart of everything we do. We are forever challenging, pushing boundaries and discovering innovative ways to connect our customers with their digital societies.
We connect people, businesses, and communities across the globe to create the future. We earn customer loyalty, experiment, learn fast and get it done, together. As you can imagine, this means that we have a vibrant and diverse mix of skills and people making Vodafone a great place to work.
This position requires a highly motivated and experienced with data modelling and ETL development skills.
The data architect is responsible for transforming business information into Conceptual, Logical and Physical Data Models that deliver diverse reporting, analytic, and downstream system integration capabilities. Key customers include Business Intelligence (Finance), Customer Value management (CVM), Marketing, Sales, Customer Care and Technology.
The role includes business requirements management, source systems data analysis, source to target mapping, VIN/VID modelling and presentation layer design support. Data modelling responsibility should provide solutions to business teams that meets their functional requirements This role is responsible for ensuring correct business needs which are clearly identified and stated. The process includes all requirements needed to deliver and maintain the solution such as required performance, tools and reporting activities.
Your place in the team
• Responsible of VF Turkey’s Enterprise DWH Architecture & Data Model
• Maintain technical and business Metadata in the Data Warehouse.
• Alignment with Vodafone Group around modelling governance
• Act as technical lead for Data Governance initiatives
• Parcitipate Design Authority to comment architectural decision disccussions and participate critical decisions.
• Understands, Documents, and/or creates the Logical and Physical database design including the source to target data mapping and ETL processes.
• Execute impact analysis of new business requirements on DWH model and assist DWH analysis & development team for model changes.
• Conducting Data Discovery activities on the Data Warehouse and Source Systems to analyse data and determine that it is ‘fit for purpose’
• Modify the physical data model for efficient data access paths.
• Manage scope of the Data Model Documentation and comply with change management procedures.
• Profile and analyse source systems, working with source system and application owners to understand source data structures.
• Work together as part of IT delivery ensuring DWH deliverables are providing on time in each gate i.e. Mapping Document, Design document etc.
• Work closely with the Business&Development teams to ensure the design is meeting standards and delivering the right quality to the business
Key performance indicators:
• Maintaining and enhancing the Datawarehouse model.
• Maintaining and enhancing the dimensional model and presentation layer.
• Source to Target Mapping specifications.
• Presentation layer design preferred
• 10+ years of Data-Warehousing experience including 2+ years data modelling.
• Proficient in 3rd normal form relational modelling and dimensional modelling for data marts
• Data mapping specification writing skills
• Proficient in working on data modelling tools. Preferred Power Designer
• Expert SQL and Database skills on Oracle
• Experience with a number of ETL tools. Preferred ODI, Ab Initio.
• Has good knowledge of Telecom & BSS systems – Prepaid, Post-paid, CRM etc.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Responsible for governance of DWH Data Model and mapping documents.
• Review design and testing documents and work with technology and testing teams to ensure business requirements are satisfied.
• Review code generated by development teams, ensure coding standards are met.
• Identify areas for improvement/development and ensure that any necessary changes are identified and implemented.
• Ensure that deliverables are peer reviewed to assure and improve quality.
• Communicate with analysis & development teams in case of changes on current data model.
• Receive, assess, record and prioritise request from all levels of management and end users for data sets and reports from the BI Enterprise Data Warehouse.
• Develop and coordinate through BI specialists to develop and provide data, report and dashboards as prioritised.
• Identify, manage and resolve end to end to user experience issues.
• Facilitate the Finance and Commercial month end reporting cycle through communicating the schedule and managing any delivery impacts to timing and quality to stakeholders.
• Ensure that stakeholders are kept apprised of the status of requirements and the scope of the deliverables.
• Work collaboratively with other team members to deliver tasks
• Manage the engagement and prioritisation of offshore resources
• Develop, refine and rollout common processes and procedures for technical business analysis.
• Provide coaching and support to transfer technical & data knowledge within the BI team
• Communicate to all impacted stakeholders any data quality, timing or definition issues discovered in relation to existing strategic or tactically developed reports.
• Manage and support the Production support/DQ/DQ volume monitoring process through engagement with the business, communications, triage of request and operational processes.
• In conjunction with other BI teams, develop and install a continuous improvement culture via a focus on innovation, simplification and relentless focus to standardisation.
• Advocate and influence single version of the truth, end user experience simplification and elegance.
• Drive the use of Self-service BI/Analytics
• Identify and promote the definition and reuse of common business processes and practices.
• Advise all areas of the reporting framework and advise/guide on the right tool for the right job
• Adhere to Vodafone policies and procedures as introduced and varied from time to time
• Impact on Business: Financial, sales, CVM, regulatory, COPS legal etc.
• People leadership experience & good people management skills with experience of creating and managing effective teams
• Understand the reporting requirement, discuss and provide insights by looking at the trends, data displayed in the report.
Behavioural/ Personality Specifications required:
• Good in Stakeholder management
• Self-motivating and assertive
• Effective negotiation and customer management skills