Years of Experience
No experience preference
Years of Experience
No experience preference
QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB DESCRIPTION
Join our journey as we connect for a better future. Ready?
We are looking for a
Java Developer - Payment and Dunning Solutions
Our purpose at Vodafone is to connect for a better future. As a Global Communications Technology company, we put the customer at the heart of everything we do. We are forever challenging, pushing boundaries and discovering innovative ways to connect our customers with their digital societies.
We connect people, businesses, and communities across the globe to create the future. We earn customer loyalty, experiment, learn fast and get it done, together. As you can imagine, this means that we have a vibrant and diverse mix of skills and people making Vodafone a great place to work.
This role is responsible for creating prototypes, designing and building modules and solutions in an iterative agile cycles, develop, maintain, and optimize the business outcome.
This role is responsible for estimating user and technical stories, designing and developing code, writing and executing unit and integration tests, and supporting testing of deliverables against user and technical story acceptance tests.
Your place in the team
We are seeking a Payment&Dunning Capability Solutions Software Engineer with the will and ambition to work in high performing Vodafone Team responsible for Leading Digital Transformation in Turkey, reporting to Payment&Dunning Capability Solution Manager, IT of Vodafone Turkey.
• To make research and implement new technologies to improve our time to market, service quality, flexibility and reusability.
• To contribute to the product development pipeline with creative ideas.
• To investigate and survey new technologies and share knowledge and experience with other teams.
• To make research on using available open source software components and inform the results of studies with other groups.
• Responsible for analysis and clarification of business requirements.
• To work closely with related business departments to guide them while shaping their requirements
• Responsible for translating system requirements to valid architecture, use cases, technical specification and tasks.
• Delivers detailed functional and technical analysis against backlog items in line with solution designers in other teams; handshakes on the specifications of the integrations points.
• Prepare design documents for the delivery
• Works with solution architect to maintain product roadmaps and target architecture
• Reviews and approves vendor design documents; follow ups vendor development.
• To mentor and guide less experienced team members to improve their skills and vision.
• To recommend solutions to achieve tasks more efficiently and reliably.
• Works with little supervision
• Responsible for coding and debugging complex software modules and cases (drawing flow chart, designing database model, designing modules, architecture).
• To follow up coding standards and best practices, and provide suggestions for application and process improvement
• To review business requirements, functional specifications and release notes to prepare test cases and scenarios.
• To perform troubleshooting, maintenance and 2nd level support of the products and services delivered.
• To prepare/review troubleshooting guides for frequent problems.
• To escalate necessary problems to related product vendors.
• To provide technical advice to other organizations, partners, customers and stakeholders.
• To support and troubleshoot applications as required, optimizing performance, resolving production problems, and providing timely status updates.
We are looking for you if you have
• University Degree preferably on Telecommunications, Computer or Electronics Engineering
• 3+ years of experience
• Know-how and experience of Telecommunication concepts and services.
• Know-how and experience on software architecture, design and development technologies such as;
-Algorithms, object oriented programming
-Java or similar modern programming languages.
-Web Service, SOAP, REST, APIs
-Agile software development methodoligies (Scrum, Kanban)
-Micro services and cloud native applications
-Know-how and experience of operating systems, database and network components
• Driving High Performance: He/ She is totally clear about what’s required and are effective at getting high performance from others to deliver our business goals.
• Influence and Impact: To communicate with Influence and Impact, clearly and passionately engaging customers, colleagues and stakeholders to have the desired impact.
• Initiative: To do things proactively, stepping up and taking action to improve current situations or address challenges and potential opportunities.
• Leadership: Engage people on the direction and goals for team or project and excellent role model.
"This role has a #LI-Hybrid working model"
Diversity and Inclusion
At Vodafone, we embrace and welcome everyone. We believe that we can operate more successfully and effectively with diverse teams. And we can only leverage this diversity by building an inclusive culture where everyone is respected, can be themselves and strive to be their best. That way we can create a better future for our employees, our partners, the communities we work in and our customers.