QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB DESCRIPTION
Key Activities / Decision Areas:
1. Delivery accountability of business/technology demands/projects
• As a member of the squad, solution designer is responsible for all the activities that lead the team to achieve their sprint goals & team KPIs.
• Supports ideation and scoping processes for scoring, feasibility and complexity of the concepts.
• Estimates size of backlog items
• Provide technical and financial (CAPEX) information including effort estimation, constraints and dependencies; highlight potential risks and offer alternative solutions
• Delivers detailed functional and technical analysis against backlog items in line with solution designers in other squads; handshakes on the specifications of the integrations points.
• Deliver end to end solutions based on agreed scope of requirements, in line with Group and TR IT’s target architecture and strategy.
• Together with Ops and Infrastructure teams, studies dimensioning for the systems in the domain based on the traffic forecast provided by the business unit
• Works with product owner and solution developer define backlog items (epics, features, user stories, tasks) for the necessary cases
• Translates backlog items into engineering design and logical units of work (tasks) with the solution developers.
• Supports testers for test case preparation; reviews test cases.
• Provides design support for defects and issues raised by relevant stakeholders regarding the domain under the teams responsibility.
• Prepare and present solution for IT Architecture Board
• Execute RFP/RFQ/RFIs when it’s required in projects and evaluate vendor technical capabilities against business requirements to identify products and/or services
• Works with solution architect to maintain product roadmaps and target architecture
• Reviews and approves vendor design documents; follow-ups vendor development.
• If assigned as a Lead Solution Designer, drives e2e design activities, ensures e2e quality of the delivery.
2. Technical vendor management
• Accountable for the technical vendor management based on the contract that is signed between Vodafone and the vendor.
• Work with relevant stakeholders (IT vendor management, IT Operation, Technology Security, Information Security, Legal teams) during the contract preparation phase in order to identify correct scope, KPIs, terms and conditions.
• Closely monitor performance of the vendor by measuring KPIs which are defined in the contract,
• Take necessary actions for the failing KPIs in order to improve performance of the vendor
3. Manage relations with Vodafone Group for the projects and products in scope
• Manage relations and cooperation with Group
• Contribute to Group business and technology plans,
• Provide information and know-how sharing,
• Support cooperation and joint projects,
• Follow up Group IT implementation recommendations
4. Innovation and Research
• Ensure delivery standards, methodologies, processes, and best practices are implemented to ensure efficiency.
• Research to stay abreast of current technology that will keep the team operating efficiently and effectively.
• Contributes developing long-range goals.
5. Health & Safety
• Ensure that VF HSE&W procedures are implemented and works carried out in compliance with local HSE regulations.
• Ensure that work associated risks are assessed and reduced so far as is reasonably practicable
6. Information Security
• Comply with VFTR’s information security policy, standards and procedures, available under Intranet / Corporate Security Library,
• Report all suspected security and/or policy breaches, potential security risks to VF TR Corporate Security,
• Protect VF TR’s information assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference,
• Protect user accounts and associated passwords , and accept accountability for any actions performed via usage of those accounts.
7. Business Continuity
• Ensure that VFTR BCM policy /standard ,procedures ,plans implemented and works carried out in compliance with BS 25999 -2:2007 Standard
• Ensure that BCM risks are assessed and mitigated so far as is reasonably practicable in VFTR Business Continuity Management System (BCMS)
• Ensure VTR BCMS by planning, establishing, embedding, implementing, monitoring, reviewing, maintaining and improving within VFTR
Technical / Professional Expertise:
• Bachelor's degree from Computer Engineering, Information Systems Engineering, Mathematics Engineering and other related departments,
• 2-5 years of software analysis/design/development/engineering experience on CRM applications.
• Know-how and experience on software architecture, design and development technologies such as;
o SIEBEL IP 2015
o PL-SQL, Oracle
o Algorithms, object oriented programming
o Multithreading, concurrency,
o Web Service, SOAP, REST,
o XML, J-Son
• Broad knowledge and understanding of technical analysis and design patterns
• In depth understanding of the full software development lifecycle
• Broad knowledge of software technology and development processes, particularly Scrum, Kanban, Test Driven Development, disciplined agile delivery and lean development
• Must possess a complete understanding of all aspects of test automation, continuous integration and continuous deployment concept
• A great working knowledge of standards & technologies.
• Eager to learn new technologies
• Should have communication skills sufficient to be able to work in a team of international diversity.
• Customer focused, dependable solution oriented, hardworking, team focused
• Ability to a systematic, disciplined and analytical approach to problem solving
• Result oriented, strongly motivated leader with excellent interpersonal communication and negotiation skills
• Eagerness for quality and continuous improvement of processes
• Strong Presentation skills
• Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
• Very good level of English proficiency