QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB DESCRIPTION
Technology is moving forward, and world is changing fast, that’s why we are here to serve evolving needs of the world and industries by creating new technological products and solutions that impact the new global demands.
WAT Motor is a rapidly growing production and technology company not hesitating to enter new technology areas that enables new horizons both for its business and the industry overall.
If you want to be in the power of this transformation, we are waiting for you at WAT!
What awaits you in this role?
We are looking for a passionate Specialist-Occupational Health&Safetyto join our team atSustainability, OHS&Environment CoE.
- Developing and implementing methods and procedures, following outputs and creating systematic solutions to prevent the diseases and injuries caused by chemical, physical or biological factors and improve safety level in the workplace
- Following the directives, laws and regulations within the scope of Occupational Health and Safety, carrying out the necessary following and performance evaluation studies and reporting these accordingly
- Making and evaluating risk analyzes within legal deadlines, creating action plans, following improvement actions and keeping the risk assessments up-to-date
- Preparing and implementing emergency action plans, giving periodic trainings on this subject, following, auditing, reporting and planning for improvement in the performance of drills and acting in line with the emergency plan
- Coordinating fire safety and fire protection processes
- Managing the documentation for the carrying out and continuous improvement of the ISO 45001 management system, and leading the harmonization studies to be carried out in coordination with the relevant teams
- Ensuring that all departments are informed and supported on legal regulations and Community requirements
- Creating, following and reporting programs for the carrying out necessary improvement activities by following all business processes in the field
- Preparing the annual Occupational Health and Safety training program in accordance with the relevant legislation, updating it when necessary, ensuring the providing out training plans and reporting training results
- Carrying out the trainings, information and registration activities to be given in order to create and develop a healthy and safe working environment in the workplace, and playing an active role in creating and maintaining a strong Occupational Safety Culture
- Planning and making OHS board meetings and making daily OHS audits and weekly reports
- Determining methods to help protect employees from potentially dangerous work methods or materials, taking precautions, and coordinating the relevant teams to take precautions
- Making the selections of personal protective equipments and taking part in usage trainings
- Creating content that will ensure compliance with the OHS management system in employment contracts, auditing its implementation
- Carrying out, auditing, improving the Subcontractor OHS management system and supporting it with training and awareness studies
- Following OHS metrics, making statistical analyzes and developing projects to achieve goals and presenting them to the Occupational Safety Manager.
This position is located in Çerkezköy/Tekirdağ. Hybrid working model is available.
How we describe the perfect match?
- Graduated from technical departments of universities (Preferably Engineering)
- A or B class Occupational Safety Specialist certificate
- At least 3 years of experience in field applications (preferably in the metal sector)
- Knowledge of national and international legislation on Occupational Health and Safety
- Knowledge of risk assessment methodologies and active risk improvement projects and programs
- Knowledge of machine safety and safety standards and experience in practice
- Experienced in ergonomics risk assessment and improvement
- Experienced in work permit system management
- Having knowledge global and national methods in accident root-cause analysis studies and experience in practice
- Productive and proactive in accident prevention policies and safe working environment
- Trained in EPD preparation and experienced in EPD studies
- Having knowledge of 45001 management system requirements, internal auditor certificate
- Participated in Safety Culture improvement studies
- Knowledge and experience in emergency and crisis management issues and process flow
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs
- Following and adapting the market trends and new technologies
- Outside the box thinking ability
- Open to innovation culture
- Flexible and open to new perspectives
- A great team player with a self-initiative mindset
- Knowing what empathy really means
- Being open to communication.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, sex, color, national or social origin, ethnicity, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status or political opinion
By being one of the “People of WAT”;
- · You can benefit from the perks of our hybrid working model and enjoy being part of an agile team.
- · We will support you with the most appealing personal development opportunities to keep up your full potential. While at the same time, develop your skills and competencies for future technologies.
- · While working remotely, we got your back! We support you with portable modem and internet connection.
- · Get the advantage of shopping and eating at discounted prices in various places using the Koç Ailem card.
- · You will be able to enjoy the nature and the services in Koç Korusu. (KTSK)
- · Chill out coffee places to pamper yourself at the office.
- · Pick, choose and combine your side benefits with Flextra.
- · You’ll get a chance to bring out the leader in you while working at the leading trusted lifestyle solutions provide