QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB DESCRIPTION
American Curriculum Math Teacher
Turkey, Istanbul/ Esenyurt
Head of Department
Net Salary Package
Length of the Contract
Social Insurance, Basic Medical Insurance, Transportation, 75% discount on tuition fee for all children
About the School:
A leading international school based in Istanbul, offering American Curriculum as our core educational program, Arabic and Turkish as additional languages. The international school is a multicultural center, welcoming students from different backgrounds and socio-economic demographics; as such, we promote inclusion, interaction and embracing diversity. We are an equal opportunities institution, ensuring that all students, staff and stakeholders are treated the same. We believe in a holistic approach to learning, helping our students absorb themselves in the culture of the subjects which they are learning, as well as take part in activities, educational visits and trips, sports and games and a wide range of creative and autonomous learning activities.
Ihsan International School is a K-12 International School seeking to appoint an outstanding Scientific and Linguistics Subject Teachers including Science, Math, physics, Chemistry and English Language.
We are seeking to hire experienced and inspirational Teachers who will be required to work in a fast-paced environment with proven and effective class management skills. Evidence of an excellent teaching and strategic approach and philosophy to setting up and raising the status of a student academic standard is required. Ability to plan, organize and implement an appropriate instructional program in a learning environment that guides and encourages students to develop and fulfill their academic potential and establishing effective relationship with parents will be key characteristics.Promoting interactive and digital learning environment of the class is one of the key responsibilities of the Teacher.
Permanent Tasks and Responsibilities:
1. Participate in department, school meetings and parent meetings.
2. Communicate necessary information regularly to students, colleagues and parents regarding student progress and student needs.
3. Develops annual goals and a strategic plan for the students.
4. Acts as a students’ advocate to ensure the rights of all students are respected and that all have equal access to the educational opportunities necessary to meet their needs and abilities.
5. Exercises authority over the behavior and conduct of pupils.
6. Attends special events held to recognize student achievement and other school sponsored activities and functions.
Curriculum and Education
1. Plan, prepare and deliver instructional activities that facilitate active learning experiences.
2. Provide a variety of learning materials and resources for use in educational activities.
3. Keep updated with developments in subject area, teaching resources and methods and make relevant changes to instructional plans and activities.
4. Maintain accurate and complete records of students' progress and development.
5. Ensuring high standards of professional practice and quality of teaching and learning of the subject/s. Through effective dialogue, participating in reciprocal peer review and observation of class teaching practice by the Head of Department (subject/level) concerned.
6. Works with and engages staff in shared vision for effective teaching and learning by implementing a standards-based curriculum, relevant to student needs and interests, research-based effective practice, academic rigor, and high expectations for student learning in every classroom
7. Involves parents in the development and implementation of required annual school plans to achieve pupil performance objectives, curriculum standards, and core course proficiencies.
8. Oversees the evaluation of instructional materials, including textbooks, computer programs, library/media acquisitions, and other instructional materials.
1. Collaborates with other district teachers in the process of monitoring the progress of all students.
2. Cooperates with staff in the planning and operation of the child study team and the delivery of the special education program.
3. Maintains individual student records and reports of pupil progress.
4. Maintains high standards of student safety and conducts and enforces discipline as necessary in accordance with School policy and the students’ rights to due process.
5. Creates a culturally responsive climate by supporting a climate that values, accepts, and understands diversity in culture and point of view.
1. Reviewing and evaluating one’s own teaching and learning strategies, methodologies and programs in line with the National Curriculum Framework guidelines.
2. Perform quarterly and yearly evaluation for students.
3. Participating in In-Service education and training courses as well as in continuing professional development (CPD) opportunities.
1. Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited institution in the specialized subject.
2. High-level of knowledge and practice with Word, Excel, Outlook, etc. required.
3. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
4. Minimum 5 years working as a subject teacher
5. Teaching Diploma (MEd, DipEd, BA in Education or subject related fields, TEFL, TESOL or CELTA Certificate)
Required Skills and Competencies:
1. Commitment to creating a productive educational experience for students.
2. Proven history in improving students’ performance.
3. Strong class management skills.
4. Ability to multi-task and cope with competing demands under tight deadlines.
5. Ability to cope with high workload and stress.
6. Strong initiative and self-motivated, with a commitment to teamwork.
7. Flexible, enthusiastic and willingness to learn from others.
8. Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships in a multi-ethnic, multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary environment.
9. An understanding of humanitarian/civil society issues in Turkey and the region.
10. Able to interpret policy, procedures, and data.
1. Uses evaluation for self-improvement; carries out individual improvement plan developed with the Head of Education.
2. Maintains a high level of competence in the field of education, remaining current in issues related to areas of responsibility.
3. Maintains a high level of personal integrity and a strong work ethic.
Fluency English, both written and verbal. Turkish or/and Arabic are an asset.
Candidates selected for interview will be contacted soon after applying with interviews being held at the school campus. Whilst we appreciate all applications, only those selected for interview will be contacted.