QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB DESCRIPTION
YILPORT Holding is a privately held, wholly owned subsidiary of YILDIRIM Group, one of the fastest-growing and most developed Turkish industrial groups with its container terminals in Turkey, Malta, Sweden, and Norway, Portugal, Spain, Italy, Peru and Ecuador through multiple continents.
As being the first Turkish global port operator, we provide total supply chain solutions to our customers with state-of-the art technologies and with the best talents across all operations.
With a massive pipeline of new investments, our ambition is to become one of the top 10 container terminal operators over the next 10 years.
For our growing team, we are looking for enthusiastic team members to take an active role as a "Internal Control Senior Specialist" to be based in YILPORT Holding Headquarter in Maslak/ İstanbul.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Business Administration or closely related fields,
- Have minimum 4-6 years experience in Internal Audit / Internal Control / Risk Management functions at banks, companies or big four audit firms,
- Written and oral fluency in English is a must (Spanish, Portuguese as a second language is preferred),
- Strong understanding of COSO (Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission) Integrated Framework, internal control, financial documentation, business process analysis and enterprise risk assessment.
- Strong knowledge of accounting in accordance with IFRS/TFRS and auditing in accordance with ISA/BDS
- Experience in cooperation with management teams.
- Experience in working with international teams.
- Preferably has a CIA or SMMM Certificate,
- Professional knowledge of ERP Programs (preferably SAP),
- Professional knowledge of MS Applications (Word, Excel and Power Point),
- Strong presentation, reporting and research skills,
- A ‘can do’ approach, willingness to learn and extend the role above and beyond the job description,
- Is self-directed and self-motivated, able to work both independently and within a highly collaborative team environment,
- Have quality, process and result driven approach,
- Strong analytical and organizational skills and ability to organize and prioritize work and handle multiple tasks simultaneously and complete tasks according to deadlines,
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills interact with people from various countries, cultures and all business levels,
- Good team player with strong problem solving and negotiation skills,
- Able to travel abroad when required,
- Completed military service for male candidates
Reporting to Internal Control Manager, Internal Control Senior Specialist will be mainly responsible for establishing the internal control environment of YILPORT Group Companies. Additional responsibilities will be as follows:
- Establishment of an adequate internal control environment across YILPORT Holding.
- Ensuring all assets’ security and sustainability.
- Ensuring relevant processes and applications are compliant with local and global laws.
- Preparing the process inventory.
- Documenting the process flowcharts.
- Actively participating in SAP transition process.
- Preparing and publishing corporate governance documents.
- Identifying improvement areas, providing recommendations to re-mediate the process and internal control system.
- Building and implementing operational and systemic control mechanisms for detected risks via cooperation with process owners.
- Defining, monitoring and reporting risks such as Financial and Operational risks according to ERM
- Mainly responsible for establishing a close monitoring structure for financial transactions.
- Close working with regional finance teams (Accounting and FP&A)
- Preparing needed reports and presentation for Company Management.
- Undertaking special projects when requested.
- Establishing internal control points for financial processes.
- Analyzing and determining risky areas in finance transactions.
- Cooperating with local finance teams in ERP transformation process and supporting them while establishing their own structure.