QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB DESCRIPTION
Our company seeks a Market Analyst to work in Energy Trading Department.
The candidate will be mostly endeavor for the explanation of the price movements in several markets for several products and consequently He / She will be responsible for preparation, translation and verification of required analysis or forecasting outcomes directly to result-driven traders.
• Minimum 3 years of experience in Power Market Analysis or Trading in Turkey, any experience in any European Energy Market is a plus,
• Strong academical background with high analytical skills, MSc or PhD in relevant areas is a plus,
• Experience in a programming language such as Python, R, VBA or similar,
• Good interpersonal skills and a team player,
• Self starter, energetic and result oriented attitude,
• Good command of both verbal and written English.
• Develop and maintain short & long term forecast of various energy markets within Turkey and Europe,
• Develop proprietary trading tools for forecasting power prices within or outside of Turkish borders,
• Translate scenario outcomes into business decisions,
• Work with other members of the middle office and trading teams in development of key fundamental inputs for both supply and demand sides,
• Develop and maintain a database of inputs related to market and historical information,
• Reporting & monitoring of positions in the forward market with focus on creating value and advising on risk mitigating strategies.