QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB DESCRIPTION
APEC Steel is an Innovative Cold Formed Steel Company with production facilities in Yalova, Turkey and HQ in Istanbul, Turkey. APEC Team is comprised of dedicated experts who are experienced in all aspects of structural design, production and construction.
APEC specializes in designing, engineering, manufacturing and assembling buildings with its fast and high capacity production technology and offers turnkey services as well. APEC’s technology and services can be utilized for a variety of building types, ranging from warehouses, hangars, factory buildings, cold rooms, sports areas, agricultural buildings, schools, hospitals, residential houses, living containers, tiny houses and solar energy plants.
APEC has realized projects for global companies such as Unilever, Coca Cola, Carrefour, Siemens, Turkish Airlines and SOGIP Senegal. Our aim is to provide maximum benefit to our clients with our engineering know-how and production technology.
- The role: Business Development & Marketing Manager
- The post holder will be responsible driving business growth within the company
- The post holder will conduct market research, create a marketing strategy and help the firm win work with existing, unmaintained, and potential clients.
- The post holder will develop strategic partners and business relationships on behalf of APEC Steel.
- The role requires the creation,implementation, and measurement of an effective marketing strategy on an annual basis.
- The post holder will have a daily relationship with the selected executive board members, and will report on a regular basis.
- The role includes liaising with appropriate members of the executive board, technical leaders, sales engineers and online marketing specialists.
- The post holder will be client-focused and will personally engage in developing business.
- Implement a marketing strategy and plan in consultation with the business leadership and in response to business objectives and develop the marketing plan on an annual basis,
- Research new market opportunities and oversee strategic growth projects for business development,
- Collaborate with technical sales team in developing the appropriate marketing strategy and in return feed the results into the sales funnel,
- Set and measure the progress of the marketing plan against a range of KPIs,
- Optimize the marketing funnel for different products/services APEC Steel has to offer, both nationally and internationally,
- Prioritize activities and manage different projects,
- Advise on appropriate marketing and sales material approaches,
- Develop digital marketing campaigns,
- Line manage the graphic designer/designers for content development,
- Build APEC Steel’s external profile by identifying effective and appropriate ways of achieving positive PR,
- Determine business needs with respect to information management and ensure client data is well managed
- Good academic record including a relevant degree,
- Education in a technical degree relevant to construction is also a plus,
- Proven experience of at least 7 years in the field of marketing and business development in a professional environment is essential,
- Experience must be in a related sector, such as construction materials sector (cladding panels) or metals sector (such as steel or aluminium),
- Must have B2B experience
- Fluency in written and spoken English is a must. Third language is a plus.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft packages is essential.
- Strong interpersonal relations, effective communication skills,
- Dedicated, responsible, ambitious, able to work in a team
- Able to travel internationally when necessary
- This role requires someone with the energy and foresight to challenge the status quo, and effectively demonstrate how strategic marketing can provide leadership and success to the business.
- You will bring an excellent understanding of strategic and tactical marketing and business generation practices, covering a range of areas such as actively pursuing business development, marketing plan development, content development, and internal communications.