QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB DESCRIPTION
We currently have a vacancy for a Commercial Controller, based at one of our European Bevcan plants at Kartepe/Kocaeli. The role will be part of the Turkey Plant Finance Team, work in coordination between sales, finance and logistics departments.
Job Description :
- Management of pricing mechanism and its components (Fx relief, hedges, conversion costs, ITS, energy, upcharges, rebates, freight etc) per customer and size over existing and future contracts
- Work in collobration with sales, finance and logistics departments regarding current and future proposed customer pricing on building actual and budget models including margin analysis to maximize company profitability.
- Support Price Model preparations per Budget/ RF scenario and active participation through the process including a reconciliation of price model and sales reports in coordination between sales, finance and logistics departments.
- Provide regular support to European Commerical controller on Turkey sales price variances to be used on Europe consolidation.
- Review and follow-up customer terms and conditions for compliance with agreed contracting procedures.
- Coordination of customer pricing on monthly, quarterly and annual basis and ensure invoicing prices are correct per agreed customer contract.
- Work in coordination with sales department preparing monthly actual price lists in order to prevent any potential turnover loss.
- Make monthly reconciliation with customers on various pricing and cost components and ensure proper accruals were done in coordination with sales and finance.
- Ensure timely and accurate manual invoicing is done when necessary per agreed pricing or costing mechanism through customer contracts.
- Focus on freight cost management utilization by working in colloboration with logistics department on production and delivery planning phase to optimize freight costs to maximize customer profitability.
- Focus on packaging management utilization in coordination with logistics, finance and sales departments to minimize the number of packaging write-off and ensure a closed follow-up on customer recharges for effective cost reductions and pass through to customer process.
- Providing support to controlling teams in both Osmaniye and İzmit plants to utilize month end reporting period as Hyper Inflation environment in Turkey caused additional workload and mandated a change on reporting functional currency from TRL to USD which causes a significant delay on local and European reporting to US.
Qualifications Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, or Finance
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and written in English
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively interface with all levels of management as well as internal and external customers/leaders
- Ability to work in coordination between sales, finance and logistics department effectively on different assignments and priorities per period.
- High level of proficiency in multiple business systems and in Microsoft applications.
- Analytical thinking and strong business sense.
- Possess strong controllership skills and process orientation
- High level of energy and commitment towards continual improvement
- Previous relevant minimum 3 years experience in a financial / sales role preferably at a large manufacturing company